Bichir tankmates/72g bowfront ideas

Madness

Staff member
I dont do hybrids as you all know, but I am seriously thinking of a solo pet of one of these.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I can get srt ( super red Texas) shipped to me overnight right now.... They are only 1.5" at the moment and have only seen pics of the parents, but I'm tempted too

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
I can get srt ( super red Texas) shipped to me overnight right now.... They are only 1.5" at the moment and have only seen pics of the parents, but I'm tempted too
how much?

Madness

Staff member
:?: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?: :whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle
 :whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle

:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle

:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
15 a piece. Guaranteed live arrival. Waiting on some pictures .

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is that I would want a good chance to get a show quality male out of it and would want at least 3... so $45 and shipping for 1.5" fish.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I think I would rather get some Trimac or Midas from Cichlid of the Americas if I were thinking of spending that much.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Or just keep that sweet isletas and grow his hump out!!!! I'll give you some fish he can chase around

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
Or just keep that sweet isletas and grow his hump out!!!! I'll give you some fish he can chase around
You wouldn't mind? I kind of think it might just be the easiest thing to do for a little while.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a nice butterkoferi and a flowerhorn for him to chase around. He could get a real nice "dominant hump " look to him.

I also have a zonatusXblackbelt you could out in with him too

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind at all! I was just going to grab him for my classroom for next year, but I think you should keep him even more!

Heck, I might even have a female for him too,( not my big nice one but a smaller one I'm growing out about 4.5" and thinking she's a female)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I will keep it, unless he goes nuts and starts a killing spree.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
When do you want me to bring over his new tank mates?  :whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
'Heed' does not need any more tank mates, I need to get some of the ones he has out of there.