15L build, 10g shrimp grow out, 55g Walstad

Re: 15L build, 10g shrimp grow out, 55g Walstad

Ohh I see, haha, I guess I'm just overly excited to see your tank developing. :bounce:

lars on

More reason to be excited... Just tested the tank, ammonia is between .5&.25, SO CLOSE TO FISHIES :D

nike boy

Last time I was in pets and pals they were selling everything fish related including the tanks. Haven't been back but I don't think they have fish anymore.

Lars On.... we NEEEEEEEEEEED to go to Aquarium Co-Op once they're open (March 20th is their grand opening) . . . located in Edmonds (about a mile away from the Edmonds Ferry), BUT their store looks SO COOL!!!!! Lots of stock. WE GOTTA GO!!!!

Just gotta drive up to Kingston, take the ferry, and the drive to their store. YOU IN?!?! :D

lars on

Good to know, thanks for the info! :)

F YEAH IM IN ARE YOU KIDDIN ME. I'm only 3 miles from the Kingston boat! The 20th is so far awayyyy!! I think there's a couple other places close too we could check out if your up for it :D

Oh yeah, definitely! Let's do thiiiiis! Hahaha!!! I should see if Gizmo wants to tag along. We could be the three fishketeers of Kitsap County. Hahaha!

lars on

I'm down! The more the merrier! :)

Alright! So did another 50% water change. SO much clearer.

IMG_0483_zps8f40f217.jpg

Centerpiece
IMG_0484_zps360fb029.jpg

The baby swords, two amazons and was able to get a baby melon sword off the original.
IMG_0485_zps046982b9.jpg

TRAPPED IN A GLASS CASE IF EMOTION. Gonna get more water lettuce, so probably half the tank is lightly covered, so they don't blow around all crazy and such. Found out the magnum 350 is for a 100g tank, not the 60-70 I thought, explains the output strength.
IMG_0487_zpsf3c84fe9.jpg

Ooh, yes. That looks a lot clearer, and ammonia levels are almost there!!! That water lettuce really zaps the stuff out of the tank, hahaha! Really does well at absorbing nitrates too. Mmm... if only it were edible. :laughhard:

Anthraxx

i would spread out the swords. they are nutrient hogs that send roots out all over. without good ferts ive had them take over my planted tanks. it looks neat but not much else will work around them.

lars on

Max length was 1", they are pretty much full grown! :)

And thanks for the advice on the swords anthraxx, I forgot how huge they get too. Gonna be little piggies! I put Em there first so they were closer to the light, need to order that tomorrow too.

Oh TOO CUTE!!!!!!! Now I really want to head to petco and get me some. Shoot! =P

sidekicking

The new kids, 10 cherry barbs

IMG_0505_zpsedd2d9d1.jpg
[/quote]

WHOA lars you look a lot different lol :p

Your really going all out with this tank looks great

lars on

Talking about going all out over the past 2 days I have gotten my shrimp herd started. 20+ from Gizmo on tuesday and got my other 50+ this morning from Pbmax! The betta has finally given up chasin them for now.

IMG_0538_zps7b3be330.jpg

IMG_0565_zps25c3dee6.jpg

IMG_0563_zps72cbc295.jpg

IMG_0569_zps936818ae.jpg