15L build, 10g shrimp grow out, 55g Walstad

lars on

Re: 15L build, 10g shrimp grow out, 55g Walstad

Title change! I am being very very bad. Picked up a 15L at goodwill for 15$, the current 10g is going to be a shrimp breeding/grow out tank underneath a stand I bought at habitat for humanity and painted black on Monday.

IMG_0794_zps546ad56a.jpg

Before/Middle/After

IMG_0779_zps865f1960.jpg

IMG_0785_zpsb6b3c426.jpg

IMG_0796_zps4e21eeea.jpg

My new angel, shotgun. Just his head is .5" wide. Got him from SEAF in North Everett, we put him in a bigger bag at Cory's shop but when we laid the bag down he had to lay sideways, after .5 miles we felt bad for him and let him ride shotgun in the front console.

IMG_0845_zps0ac82d18.jpg

Still hides in the plants, thought it would go on a rampage once the lights went out but woke up and everyone was alive!
IMG_0859_zps40f76a81.jpg

Picked up my 15g and some wood on the way back! Got it all cleaned out, can't wait to get off work and play with them!
IMG_0854_zps6c1476ad.jpg

Everytime I see Shotgun, I keep hearing the Jaws theme song. Hahahaha!!! What a beaut :)
Fish adventure day was fun!!! :D Now, time to recuperate!

lars on

Seattle adventure is long overdue! Time to start selling the coach bags hahaha

Thanks to an extremely generous serving of plant clippings from Lamental jester my tank is looking GREEN. The angel finally decided to eat today, hasn't since Wednesday! His personality is starting to come out, picked up a pearl gourami who thinks its an AMAZING idea to try and poke the angel with his tennors when hes trying to eat, bein a little brat!

IMG_0940_zpsdbc4d8f6.jpg

Looks so beautiful!! :) Great job lars on!!
Oh man, Shotgun looks happy and his fins are still nice, healthy and erect! You need to find him a mate!! LOL

lars on

Thanks! Holy cow another Kitsap fishboxer! :D

The lights on the 10g are Marineland 33LED lights, my plants grow like crazy under them

BillHN

Marineland 33"led? o_O Is it the doublebright or single bright?

lars on

Got the 15 filled up with the neons and shrimp. Good god If I never had to catch these shrimp again it would be to soon. The 10g underneath is gonna be for shrimp. It's gonna be a narrow fit to put a light up top. Need to get a small filter for it too. Oh and shrimp.

And on another note my SECOND magnum 350 has gone kamikaze again and killed itself. Gonna return it tomorrow and get a HOB.

Tanks still super murky

IMG_1053_zps78a0ecad.jpg

Holy crap, what's wrong with your canister filter? LEMME SEE IT!! Maybe I can fix it for yooooooooou!!!! :D

Lookin' good! Can't wait to see them shrimpies in the 10 gallon! WOOHOO!!!

lars on

Singlebright :) you can get a beam works cheaper but without the blue LEDs

ANDDDD now the tiny filter in the 15 sounds like gravel in a blender, gonna have a fun time sleeping tonight!

..........brrrr?? The beamworks has the blue leds in em as well. :D At least the one that I'm borrowing from Gizmo, has the three blue LED lights on em.

BillHN

OO! I had a singlebright... it didn't do much for my tank though so trade it back to petsmart for a t5 fixture instead

hawaiian opae

POKE saw my CRS shrimp, when you ready let me know. PM me and I will set you up with some great ones for a good deal. Just saying

lars on

Definitely will do! :) thanks for the heads up.

15 is still clearing up nicely! Hoping it will be sparkling by the time I get home from the coast Sunday night.

IMG_1077_zps4d612d7b.jpg