Who's heading to the GSAS auction?

gobluecichlids

the fixed price table was a bargain, got malawi seachem buffers for a buck each, as well as many other chemicals for my salt tank. probably got like 200 worth for only 20. Bidded and won a new 24" LED light and a reef test kit.

Auction had more people, but less stuff to sell. It was pretty much over by 2pm. Last yr lasted till after 430 pm.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi gobluecichlids,

You are correct, we had record attendance at the auction today! In addition, we had a record number of items sold (712). With the improvements we have implemented in the bid recording and processing we averaged 2.5 items sold per minute which was also a record. That is why the auction was over earlier and we all got to enjoy a couple of hours of sunshine this afternoon.

On a side note these Fire Red Shrimp from Vancouver, BC are really red!

sidekicking

I had a great time picked up plenty of plants some fertilizers from the fixed price table
Two pieces of wood and a white worm culture. Did only thing I didnt get was fish
My girlfriend loved all the snacks

GilbertonFisher

I had no intention of buying, sold some tanks, fish, equipment and ended up only spending $45. Brought home 4 cichlid varieties and some albino baby BNs. I am still ticked that I missed the auction of the only fish I was really wanting....

I love this auction, everyone is as crazy as I am!!!!!

GilbertonFisher

I had no intention of buying, sold some tanks, fish, equipment and ended up only spending $45. Brought home 4 cichlid varieties and some albino baby BNs. I am still ticked that I missed the auction of the only fish I was really wanting....

I love this auction, everyone is as crazy as I am!!!!!