What other animals do you have?

plumcuda

We have 6 ferrets, 2 cats, 11yo grandson and 3 fish tanks. That's enough for me to try to keep
with for now. No pictures of anyone, because I'm lame. Seriously have you ever tried to take a
picture of 6 ferrets ?

lars on

also have two kitties.

Lily aka neiner neiner weiner puss aka baby saun poo pooness, enjoys staring at me from any angle she can until I pet her.

IMG02826-20120215-2152.jpg

IMG02817-20120215-0835.jpg

IMG02670-20120123-0204.jpg

IMG02669-20120123-0158.jpg

and Leroy, our little feral kitty

IMG02418-20111218-2331.jpg

A

Anonymous

2 dogs
2 cats
A horse
And more tanks than I care to count some setup some not.

Madness

Staff member
My 9 year old male and his playful little sister. (just 2 years)

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

little sis getting comfy and looking pretty
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Ratlova30

This is my dog Dakota Cheyenne. She's a flat coated Retriever. About five years ago I was walking my dogs and she started following me around. I thought she was owned because she had a collar on, just figured she had careless owners that let her run around, which is common around here. She followed me around for two weeks and emptied everyone's garbage cans multiple times. One morning I woke up and it was blistering cold, it was about two weeks before Christmas. Went out to search for her because I was worried she had frozen to death and ended up bringing her home. I think she was dumped. It's not uncommon for dogs to stay in the area where their owner left them, just waiting for them to return. Took her to the vet to be spayed after xmas and found out she was in the process of dying from an infection in her uterus called pasturella. Most commonly infects rabbits. So she had her uterus removed and was on antibiotics for a long time. She's come a long way in health and in socialization. She spent the first year hiding a lot. Not sure why she chose me, being terrified of people. Maybe it's because I had a couple dogs with me but I'm glad I have her regardless. She has such a bubbly personality and not a mean bone in her body. Would have been cool to have her in dog sports but she's just too scared of new people. Her past times include going for walks, kicking you while you sleep and playing xbox live...

Ratlova30

haha, thanks. I don't play video games myself but whenever my brother is over there she is, kicking some butt on whatever violent game my brother happens to be playing.

Ratlova30

Four down two to go :D Here's the last two indoor animals besides the rats and snake.

This Amber Marie, got her over a year ago. We believe her to be a Shar Pei/ Pit mix. She was my neighbors breeder dog. For over five years this girl produced puppies like nobody's business and the whole time receiving constant neglect. She was starved off and on for five years. Often had no dog house or water. Animal control would come by from time to time but as soon as they'd stop coming by they stopped feeding her. I was babysitting at a neighbors when they informed me that the house had been foreclosed on and they took their horse but left her chained to the house without food shelter or water. She was there for a week and I didn't know it. Went to check on her and she was skin and bones, half her hair was gone. She had severe sun burns(from cooking in ninety degree weather) so she was cherry red and she had a bad gash on her head, I headed back to my house to get a leash and by the time I got back over there animal control seized her. Two days later when the shelter finally opened I went and paid for her. They wouldn't release her for a week until their vet got around to spaying her.

This girl has been to hell and back and she's still the most perfect dog I could ask for. She potty trained herself on day one. She doesn't really have any bad habits. Although she does have a taste for cell phone cords and harnesses those are the only things she'll chew up. She takes food gently. She trained quick on ignoring the chickens. Might I also add she's the best pill taker, just place it on her tongue and she'll swallow it. She's just a great dog. She's not very energetic but she loves loves loves walks. She likes to dance to the oldies and disco music, but after a couple minutes she gets tired, sits down and just bobs her head back and forth. I love this dog to pieces.

Here's some before pics when we first got her, didn't have a camera so they were crummy cell pics. Still you can see her ribs. She wasn't bright red anymore when we were finally able to go to the shelter. Couple days in a shelter and her skin had begun to heal.

You can see how truly thin she was in this pic.

Here she is now, my sweet chunky monkey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

And here is Chance! :cheers:

Chance came from the same house as Amber. She was abandoned locked in the house though with no food or water and I didn't know...A week after the neighbors had left, her sons came back to collect their couch and Chance seized her opportunity and made a break for it. Chance ran wild for months before I was finally able to trap her. She's a very smart kitty. In combination of her being fearful of humans and running wild she became a feral. I finally trapped her and she hissed and spat at me. The trapper that was doing the transporting for me to lynnwood got a mix up in her scheduled clinic dates and I ended up having to hang onto Chance for a couple weeks. She was in in largish dog crate for about a week when she started meowing at me. I brought her inside and put the crate in the bathroom and started socializing her. I sat in the bathroom for a few hours each night for a month working with this cat. She was supposed to be re-released but she decided being a house cat wasn't so bad and refused to leave the house. So she stayed. I thought about finding her a home but I was the only person she trusted and the average joe isn't going to want to sit on the bathroom floor for a month working with her let alone deal with her violent tantrums. I do love her. I'm not a big cat person but she's not really fond of humans either so it works ;) If she wants to be pet she'll let you know, if she's pissed off she'll attack your legs. I learned quickly to not put any ferals I trap on the porch where she can see them. She'll attack me or the dogs if we get in her way of her hissing and spatting at the other cat through the window.

Here's some pics of when she lived in the bathroom. This was a couple weeks in of socializing her when I finally got brave enough to let her out of the crate.

Here's some more recent ones

Here's a pic of a terrarium I was in the process of making that she turned into a littler box one day while I was gone

Betty

Staff member
Pbmax, I love those Weimaraners! We used to have one -- he was a great dog. I'd like to have another one day.

All of the other pets posted are cute too. :D

Anthraxx

prepare yourselves mere mortals for the glory that is Scruffluffasaurus Rex!

019-3.jpg

but you may call him Mr. Scrufflz for short. hes my 1.5yo maine coon who just LOVES to bug me, and sleep on any hard surface lying around, books, binders, empty fish tanks, lace rock, hes slept on it all cuz hes "tough"* like that

*plz see fishn_vw's post on skulls for more info im sure DMD can find it and post a link :)

sandnuka

plumcuda said:
We have 6 ferrets, 2 cats, 11yo grandson and 3 fish tanks. That's enough for me to try to keep
with for now. No pictures of anyone, because I'm lame. Seriously have you ever tried to take a
picture of 6 ferrets ?

I just noticed how you slipped in 11 year old grandson with your pets... lmao! too funny

lilfishie

Simon is great. I foster cared for an orange winged amazon for 3 years. He was a cool bird.

CrashSmAshley said:
Do you have any other pets besides fish?

I have a bird and a dog.

Here is Simon, my orange-winged amazon
simon_10.jpg

lilfishie

That is such a cool story. Shes a lucky dog!

Ratlova30 said:
This is my dog Dakota Cheyenne. She's a flat coated Retriever. About five years ago I was walking my dogs and she started following me around. I thought she was owned because she had a collar on, just figured she had careless owners that let her run around, which is common around here. She followed me around for two weeks and emptied everyone's garbage cans multiple times. One morning I woke up and it was blistering cold, it was about two weeks before Christmas. Went out to search for her because I was worried she had frozen to death and ended up bringing her home. I think she was dumped. It's not uncommon for dogs to stay in the area where their owner left them, just waiting for them to return. Took her to the vet to be spayed after xmas and found out she was in the process of dying from an infection in her uterus called pasturella. Most commonly infects rabbits. So she had her uterus removed and was on antibiotics for a long time. She's come a long way in health and in socialization. She spent the first year hiding a lot. Not sure why she chose me, being terrified of people. Maybe it's because I had a couple dogs with me but I'm glad I have her regardless. She has such a bubbly personality and not a mean bone in her body. Would have been cool to have her in dog sports but she's just too scared of new people. Her past times include going for walks, kicking you while you sleep and playing xbox live...

aquaman95

this thread always makes me wanna cry (happily) seeing how well everyone takes care of there pets.I love my dogs and turtle i could ever get rid of them.Nick_87 that is one of the cutest cat pictures yet.

Betty

Staff member
Took a couple of pics of the cat in front of fish tanks. I was trying to take pictures of the fish, but she is always hanging out with these two tanks; she meows for me to open the lids because she wants to drink tank water. :silent:

52b7c5c1.jpg

b88ab847.jpg