What other animals do you have?

Fyurae

Yup, I do too. She thinks she's a dog. And she LOVES to be outside. We have a cat door, thank god. We also had a gorgeous Balinese, but she got on the losing side of a fight with a dog a couple summers ago. She was very beautiful, but a total b**** and was very aggressive toward dogs. Did not work out for her.

Ratlova30

Too many to list at one time I'll start with one :D

This is my Border Collie mix named Pebbles, but she usually goes by the name of Princess or Your Majesty. She's 13yrs. young and we got her from the Tacoma Humane society 13yrs. ago. She was scheduled to be euthanized that night. This dog is my best friend and if it wasn't for her helping me get through my childhood I'm not sure I'd still be here.

Her past times include: Begging for food, eating food, chasing rocks that are thrown, trying to catch splashing water, chasing the laser pen and sleeping. Her dislikes: Black olives and all animals(I think she thinks she's a human). She truly is a wonderful wonderful dog and I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

Ratlova30

This is my Great Dane/Lab mix named Brutis. We refer to him as a miniature Great Dane, because he looks like a Dane but is small like a Lab. We got him from the Tacoma Humane Society 5 years ago. It was his second time being at the pound and we were his third family. After we compared papers we figured out that he was sitting in the pound for 16 days, it's a wonder he hadn't been put to sleep already. I picked him out because he looked so depressed and after we took him out of the kennel and played with him for a little bit I really didn't want him but I couldn't force him to be put back so home he came.

I must say Brutis is the most difficult dog I have ever handled/owned. Once he made himself comfortable at home he showed his true colors, and turned out to be a pretty aggressive and possessive dog. The first month was shear hell and I wanted to take him back so many times but luckily i had someone there reminding me of the shear hell he probably went through in his short two years of life being tossed from home to home. So we stuck through it and after months of him attacking my border collie, snapping at me and a whole grocery list of behavioral problems he's turned out to be a really good dog. He's still a total mans dog and every time my brother visits or any other male figure for that matter he's very protective of them. He gets extremely jealous, he cries all the time, he growls at you if he doesn't want you sitting next to him, he tries to bite you if you touch his feet, he runs off...where was I? Oh yes despite those small issues he's a good dog and if you catch him at the right time he's incredibly sweet. His favorite thing to do is push his rock around outside. Here's some pics of him.

Ratlova30

Thanks, I have been for the past five years. He's an incredible dog, he'll always be a moody dog but his aggression will hopefully dull with time. Since we added an alpha female dog to the family his aggression has gone down a little more.

Ratlova30

This is Chewie, he's a Shih Tzu/poodle mix. My mom got him from a pet store when they were giving him away for free because the person who bought him for $1000 brought him back saying that the vet said he had a heart murmur, which we later found out he didn't. I guess buyers remorse. Chewie is the type of dog that bonds heavily with the people he lives with and doesn't let anyone else into his life. I hated Chewie for the first couple months. For one, his addition to the family was not a family decision and two, he was a puppy and you know what puppies do. Of course I ended up being the care taker of him and cleaning up his messes which which made me resent him more. It was just a super hard adjustment for me having a puppy when I had lived with adult potty trained dogs for the past ten years. Eventually he started to grow on me and he's an amazing dog but I do not ever ever ever want another puppy as long as I live. Any sane person will go to the pound and get and already trained and potty trained dog for cheap that won't chew the trim off your windows and the corners off your antique furniture. Adult dogs are the way to go I'm telling ya, one of my dogs that was a breeder dog and kept outside for her first 6 years of life potty trained herself on the first day...

So anyways Chewie is a cool dog and I love him very much now. He never gave up on me when I despised him and now he's one of my best buds and I take him everywhere with me now. I have a part time job away from home and he goes with me. I shop at stores that allow me to bring him in. He loves to go to petsmart and load the cart up with stuffed animals. His favorite store has to be starbucks. Everyday off we go and he gets a cup of whip cream. This dog is so smart he gets really excited when we turn the corner into the parking lot. Gotta have his starbucks whip! Chewie has fallen in love and has been forever loyal to Princess Pebbles. He follows her around everywhere and tries to get some action but he's not quite tall enough...Princess always growls at him but I know she likes the attention. He's never showed an interest in the other girl dogs, just Princess. His favorite activities include playing with his stuffed animals and ropes and he also loves to play in the pool. Things he hates: being left alone and the cat. I don't know what I'd do without my snugglebug.

Betty

Staff member
He looks like a real character. We adopted a dog who was returned to the Humane Society for a heart murmur. They told us about it after we had decided we wanted him. He was most likely going to be put down because the tests to determine if it was a serious murmur or not was something they couldn't do there and were expensive.

We took him to our vet and it turns out the problem was very serious, but we couldn't take him back there to die, so we kept him. That was about three years ago. Things have gotten pretty bad the past few weeks. He's on four different medications that he's doing well on, but I'm really worried. :(

Paintguy

4coons.jpg

Some of my backyard pets. There is 5 that wander through. They don't tear up my garbage can or anything so I leave them be. Seem to love the camera too.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I joke! :joker: I really do love my pets, especially on the BBQ.

Madness

Staff member
Well I think they look adorable. But all adorableness aside, they probably have seen your tanks through the window, and are wondering when the SOB is going to build a pond.
238276.gif

Ratlova30

Betty said:
He looks like a real character. We adopted a dog who was returned to the Humane Society for a heart murmur. They told us about it after we had decided we wanted him. He was most likely going to be put down because the tests to determine if it was a serious murmur or not was something they couldn't do there and were expensive.

We took him to our vet and it turns out the problem was very serious, but we couldn't take him back there to die, so we kept him. That was about three years ago. Things have gotten pretty bad the past few weeks. He's on four different medications that he's doing well on, but I'm really worried. :(
I'm sorry to hear that, at least you gave him a great life with the time he's with you now. I lost one of my dogs two years ago and I haven't been able to scrapbook since, just can't look at his photos anymore. Chewie is a character, he's very bull headed and he'll wear on your patience with his yipping but we love him.

finsandfeathers

Other pets we have a couple LOL 3 quarter horses, 1 paint impersonating a quarter horse (no spots), 27 bunnies 1 being the psycho house rabbit that surely believes he a dog or cat, 2 umbrella cockatoos, 2 parakeets and 5 lovely chickens who I swear they thru a party when I rehomed the rooster Booty

A

Anonymous

Our non fishy friends include Cookie, Bailey, Jack and Stella.

Cookie is a chihuahua mix. Mix of what? Dunno. The shelter says the mom looked more dachshund than anything and the vet insists she is part Pom. But she is 6.5 pounds of pure cuteness. We were looking to get a dog and I talked my husband into a medium size dog (he grew up with a 90 pound shepherd and rottie mix lol) but saw a cute litter of tiny girls on petfinder and next thing we knew we were driving all the way to Othello for one. Cookie was the smallest most quiet pup. Now she is my little shadow going where I go.

Bailey is a cat. She is about 11 and the crankiest most evil animal. I got her as a kitten and she always has had attitude.

Jack is our other cat. Also a rescue from a shelter. He is a lover and has never met anyone he doesnt like. He is a grey tabby that everyone always thinks is a young adult cuz he is sooo lean. He is actually 8 or 9 now. I think he just stays fit from playing with dogs. I don't have a pic of him on this comp :(

And lastly is Stella. The hedgehog. She is almost 2 years old and is a dark chocolate pygmy. She rivals Bailey in terms of crankiness. But since she is nocturnal and we frequently wake her up in the day I do not blame her. Also no pics.