What kinds of shrimp your U keeping?

pbmax

What's a good shrimp for a community tank (if any) with angels, rummys, panda corys, apistos?

Like for food? :D Even if the apistos leave them alone (which is doubtful in my mind) the angels will certainly snap up any dwarf shrimp (caridina or neocaridina sp.). You could probably keep a singapore wood shrimp or a vampire shrimp, though those can be difficult to care for as they're filter feeders. There are others out there, like some macrobrachium sp. (red claw, etc.) that grow larger, but those tend to prey on fish once they get big enough. Ghost shrimp might work as they're a bit larger.

My malawa shrimp tend to be pretty hardy and wily, but even they have a tough time surviving in a tank with platies and a krib or two. I don't risk my neocaridina with fish other than corys except fry.

julzhull

Like for food? :D Even if the apistos leave them alone (which is doubtful in my mind) the angels will certainly snap up any dwarf shrimp (caridina or neocaridina sp.). You could probably keep a singapore wood shrimp or a vampire shrimp, though those can be difficult to care for as they're filter feeders. There are others out there, like some macrobrachium sp. (red claw, etc.) that grow larger, but those tend to prey on fish once they get big enough. Ghost shrimp might work as they're a bit larger.

My malawa shrimp tend to be pretty hardy and wily, but even they have a tough time surviving in a tank with platies and a krib or two. I don't risk my neocaridina with fish other than corys except fry.

That's what I figured - I'll have to save them for my future nano planted tank :)

pbmax

That's what I figured - I'll have to save them for my future nano planted tank :)

You should be able to keep some amanos. They get bigger and are particularly skilled at algae removal, though they're not as attractive as the ornamental varieties.

Livebearer

As Max says IF you want to be successful just make it an all shrimp tank only. Do you keep and types now???

Max, I'll P.M. you too.

Livebearer

One good thing to remember when taking photo's is (1) clean your glass with a warm damp cloth, (2) turn off all lighting in the room behind you so the camera focuses on the tank with NO reflection. If there is water spots on the glass the lense tends to focus on that than what's inside

Cory Johnson

I have had some bamboo shrimp problems recently. 2 died for no good reason. My PH is a bit high in the high 8s. Everything else was normal with No ammonia, nitrites and low nitrates. Could PH be the issue?

Loren

I currently have RCS and "sky" blue velvets. I hate the "sky" blue velvets. They seem to molt on a weekly basis and also throw a lot of oranges. I'm going to move them to a pleco breeding tank and if any get eaten I won't lose any sleep over it. I am now looking to buy some of the "dark" blue velvets.

Mike16T

I currently have RCS and "sky" blue velvets. I hate the "sky" blue velvets. They seem to molt on a weekly basis and also throw a lot of oranges. I'm going to move them to a pleco breeding tank and if any get eaten I won't lose any sleep over it. I am now looking to buy some of the "dark" blue velvets.
You should take a look at the "Blue Dreams" also if you like blue shrimps.. =P

Knutsen1122

4565f8d99df88987ea30f446cf3a2423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk