What kinds of shrimp your U keeping?

pbmax

Neocaridina Davidii and Malawa - see the signature. :)

Malawa are nearly impossible to kill - great for tanks with fish when you want that extra cleaning action. Some will nearly always survive.

My Neocaridina are thriving - the chocolates are easily my favorites as they throw all sorts of gorgeous color variations.

Failed blue velvets can be very pretty too - like last month's banner photo.

jettej

Blue velvets and blue diamonds. Mines are not going well. Trying my best to get them to reproduce and be stable.

pbmax

My shrimp setups are heavily planted 10g or 20g tanks with lots of floating plants (some desired, others not) with either swiss tropicals cube filters or HMFs. I overfeed to boost shrimp reproduction and I yank out a ton of floating plants every week or two (when the entire top gets covered, usually). I do 80% water changes every 4 weeks and I aggressively squeeze out the sponge filters under tap when they clog up (the bubbles get bigger :) ).

Livebearer

Jettj,
What do you think may be going on with your set-up? temps., fish in there? P.H. tank size?
Please share your woahs here so Max can help as hes a shrimp master!!!
My small colony of blue velvets are not doing much for me either & Malawa's never took so I gave them up. I only have sucess with Red rili's now and are breeding out of control!!! I really believe the smaller the set-up the better breeding but who knows. I use black sand for sub-straight and is of Hawaiin origin (Black beach sand) probably full of calcium. Let the snails tell you if your calcium level is right by watching their shell growth/thickness, and color..

pbmax

I was thinking of picking up some rili at some point... but then the weather turned and mostly threw shipping out the window. Are you selling any of your red or orange rili? It's good to see another chocolate keeper. :)

I was thinking of picking up some rili at some point... but then the weather turned and mostly threw shipping out the window. Are you selling any of your red or orange rili? It's good to see another chocolate keeper. :)
not at the moment but soon ive got a whole bunch of babies so once they are larger ill be selling them :)

Livebearer

Max I have Red rili's NOW that originate from a Hawaiin breeder and if I don't take some out I'm afraid the nano tank may crash!!! I have rehomed over 40 in the last 2 months and still have way too many in there!!! Let me know...
I too would to get some of your orange rili's when your ready Brian Where are U at???

Max I have Red rili's NOW that originate from a Hawaiin breeder and if I don't take some out I'm afraid the nano tank may crash!!! I have rehomed over 40 in the last 2 months and still have way too many in there!!! Let me know...
I too would to get some of your orange rili's when your ready Brian Where are U at???
Brianna not Brian.. Lol but I'm in Lacey I'd love some more reds too from ya

Livebearer

Hey sorry about that Brianna! I may be coming down to Puyallup on Nov. 28th to the fair grounds for an event as I live in the north end by Monroe. I'll keep you posted. I'd love some Orange rili's too! I find baby shrimplets 1/4" to 1/3" adapt better than the adults do in different environments.

Red rili1.JPG Red rili2.JPG Red rili3.JPG

pbmax

Are they more red in Hawaii? :D You're up north aren't you? Are you setup to ship?

Hey sorry about that Brianna! I may be coming down to Puyallup on Nov. 28th to the fair grounds for an event as I live in the north end by Monroe. I'll keep you posted. I'd love some Orange rili's too! I find baby shrimplets 1/4" to 1/3" adapt better than the adults do in different environments.

View attachment 2178 View attachment 2179 View attachment 2180
i go up to snohomish frequently as my family lives up there im sure we could make something wokr!

Livebearer

HaHaHa Max maybe he mixes them with Hawaiian Opae's!
He breeds them in his "Hawaiin style" veranda porch in 60 gallon troughs> I feel very lucky to have gotten these as most native Japanese Hawaiin's like him get their stock from the Orient, not the U.S.A.
Yes I have experience shipping fish and Inverts, but I'll be coming to Puyallup next weekend the 28th. you could meet me at the fairgrounds or in town somewhere. Let me know P.M. me

Livebearer

So after my visit to Fish Eporium I got 8 Blueberries (2 berried) + a mystery shrimp.
I believe it's of Salwesi origin. It has 3 white distint bands head to tail and shows Red when settled or brown when spooked. Anybody know what this may be???

Hey! I'm new to the site and I recently got a new shrimp tank all cycled and ready. I was wondering if anyone's got shrimp for sale relatively near me. I'm fine paying for some and I've got some of my wife's guppies that I could trade too :p

Hey! I'm new to the site and I recently got a new shrimp tank all cycled and ready. I was wondering if anyone's got shrimp for sale relatively near me. I'm fine paying for some and I've got some of my wife's guppies that I could trade too :p
I'm near Arlington by the way.