What did you do with your tank(s) today?

Renegade Aquatics

this happened about a week but the fish has finally settled in and what have you, but I moved down to Everett with a couple buddies I've been friends with since my Sopomore to Junior year of highschool. Here's everything I ended up filming/took pictures of
86352910_238829517116030_9182527473395433472_n.jpg 86695792_497450780881194_5098038017558315008_n.jpg

Renegade Aquatics

@Renegade Aquatics, I hate moving fish! Looks like it all went well. How do plants hold up to moving?
I simply bagged up in a ziploc with a little water, other then a tear a leaf of the big center sword its pretty big (they were the gallon ziploc bags for referance) everything is alright. yeah i was a little scared especially because when I first ordered the fish it did not do well in shipping, when I got her I wasn't sure it was going to survive until the next night when she started zipping around at the smell of shrimp in her tank. Luckily I didn't have to worry too much this time around!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Cleaned the 300 and added a midas and Petsmart red devil from the 75. Did tank cleaning also on the garage tanks. That was it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to add, Lots of time I drain and fill with water changes due to no real need to gravel vac. But now with the amphilophus in the tank I find I am gravel vacing just to level the tank back out due to the digging! I forgot how much they love to dig! I was spoiled with my last fish in that she was not a digger.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to add, Lots of time I drain and fill with water changes due to no real need to gravel vac. But now with the amphilophus in the tank I find I am gravel vacing just to level the tank back out due to the digging! I forgot how much they love to dig! I was spoiled with my last fish in that she was not a digger.
So true ! They dig like crazy... if given enough time, they try to make a mound in front so y’all that it blacks out the whole front. Haha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday was nice, spent time feeding tanks. Not just the dump food in and walk away.

I fed the puffers night crawlers and watched them for a while and then treated all the fish in the 75g and 300g to frozen foods. I have just recently tried an Omega One frozen cichlid mix. Its got a gel base to it. These cubes float for a long time and dont really come apart. My fish couldnt figure out what to do with them, lol. I finally had to just chop them up to feed. The fish seem to like them but I feel like its all the scrap garbage mixed into a gel. Does not have that same quality feel as seeing individual whole shrimp/worms coming off a frozen cube. Anyway enough rant on the food. Spent an enjoyable time watch all the fish eat.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Fishroom garage project work. Scrubbed floor with low speed buffer and it looks so much cleaner now. Still waiting for replacement parts to finish Dewalt rack.

Went to Tacoma Mall Petco and bought a bag of Seiryu Rock. Had them price match their online price. $27.99 for 15 pounds. Bags are clear enough to see what you get. Likely adding more to the 75g growout tank.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Dewalt got me my replacement parts for my rack. Worked on it a bit today.

Stopped at Midway and got a 36 x 12 footprint, 30 gallon to replace the 20L. I am thinking about moving the arrowhead puffer into it. While I love being able to give a 65B to the puffer, it really is way overkill. I could use the 65B for other projects at this point.

IMG_20200224_075151199.jpg

Last edited:

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I repaired the center brace on my other 55g by gluing an 1/8” thick piece of acrylic to the underside.
The aquarium is now full of water and is home to the syn angelicus that I received from Sir_Keith.
I can now update total number of aquariums running to 11.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@Colin James, Probably should clarify I would like to see pictures of the fish not @sir_keith... lol

I had a post of interest in cats (fish) and I should have been more specific since I got pics of cats (mammal) from @sir_keith, :rofl

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water change in the garage tanks. Hopefully I can get a friend over to help me with getting my other 75 gallon set up today....

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Here is the 55g cat tank. I’m thinking I might add a pile of rock on the left side, open space on the right with a field of shells and multies. The angelicus is not a large mouth cat so adult multies should be safe.
Currently she hides in the plastic mountain on the right.
8D845F55-BEC0-42A6-9948-A3A213410419.jpeg