What did you do with your tank(s) today?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Did small water change in the 300 just to vac the poo.

Did the tack replacement at Petco andjust gave up on the 90 gallon and went with a 75. This was actually my original choice and being a little lower helps with maintenance. So happy with the outcome.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@Colin James, where did you get the large black rocks in that tank?
8B651AE3-3B91-45AD-B527-515D1DC1E2DA.png
Im looking for a couple of similar ones....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Today water changes in the 75g growout and 65B in the garage... also did this:
full.jpg Worked on the rack setup and got the other 75 gallon going. Very close now to being done!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Fine tuning the heater in the 75 still. Setting timer up on it too.

Also daylight savings required me to change time on multiple timers. This is why We need to abolish it, lol. Six aquarium timers to have to change times on!

The 75 is a total blank canvas at this point. I have substrate in but no clue as to decor. I cant have too much in there due to fact there will eventually be a large solo cichlid but I need some ideas for something different in there. Need some inspiration...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing exciting with the tanks yesterday. Spent time feeding and let the grand kids watch the puffers eat worms. Still is amazing how these fish are such voracious feeders.

Fed the new trimac some Omega One Medium floating cichlid pellets and he ate well. Only fed about 10 or so but he ate them all. The pellets are a bit large and he make a little mess grinding but the small size are kind of a bit too small in my opinion. I think I will just continue with what Im feeding unless I switch it over to NLS or something.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Today marks a day I became what I hate... a lazy fish keeper, lol

I bought another mag float, which in itself is not a big deal except Ive just been leaving them in the tanks instead of putting them away. My goal is to have one in each tank so I dont have to go looking for one when needed. This used to be my pet peeve when I used to see people post pics of their tanks, now Im doing it lol.

The exception is in my 300 in the living room. I dont leave that one out.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
The 220 is in the house and the hot tub is out!!! I’m going to clean the black paint off and repaint with blue.
Painted the back of the 35g bowfront in preparation of moving forward.
CEA08139-E990-405D-8E7E-91B5B09873E9.jpeg E41163E2-82AA-460D-8275-EB469EF398C8.jpeg A5778679-372F-4419-850C-C41965569977.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Been doing daily water changes in the 75 gallon Trimac tank. It wasnt fully cycled and I brought over media from another tank to seed and also using Seachem Stability to kick start the system. Fish has settled in and digs. Eats a bunch of different Omega One pellets at this point.
IMG_20200314_120829092.jpg
Not sure what fish related projects are slated for the day but eager to accomplish something....

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of tank cleaning this weekend. Did garage tanks yesterday and the 300 today. The 300 involved cleaning out two of the three FX6 canisters. I will let those filters settle in for a couple weeks then do the last one. This is one aspect of the big tank I dont enjoy, the canister cleaning

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Moved the 100g shellie tank. One casualty. I forgot how jumpy they are and while carrying the buckets of fish to the new fish room they went spastic and I missed a jumper. He got stepped on, unfortunately.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Moved the 100g shellie tank. One casualty. I forgot how jumpy they are and while carrying the buckets of fish to the new fish room they went spastic and I missed a jumper. He got stepped on, unfortunately.
Dang..... that’s a large jump

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Working from home today with lots of time in between actual work. Just cleaned two garage tanks. Will see if anything changes today but likely have time to do even more... maybe water change the 300?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Went to Petsmart and got frozen krill. Had to stock up again so that I had food for the puffers and to start feed the trimac to get his reds to deepen.