What did you do with your tank(s) today?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
10g greenhouse with organic soil
20g hex zebra danio spawn tank, hopefully. I collected some moss off a maple tree in the woods and it is in the Christmas bucket to provide infusoria.
3C9E9750-4453-4545-96C9-4720992C5CC7.jpeg 5A7039D8-BF22-4113-9194-D5673A430B7A.jpeg

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
In Portland for the weekend. Stopped at Wet Spot and looked around. Will probably stop back tomorrow on the way out and pick up some amphilophus sagittae.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
What else did they have? Anything else catch your eye
I didnt look that much, I was really focused on checking out the amphilophus. They have some Ansorgii bichirs, about 12” or so. I believe they get their wild caught bichir stock from Toyin at Rehoboth Aquatics. I saw a hairy puffer, arrowhead puffer and the checked out Rocks and driftwood.

Have a car load of women with me so kept it brief, lol. Brought my wife, my mom and her friend with us on this trip to do shopping. If it were just the wife then we would have stayed a little longer.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Well, not really with my 'tanks,' but definitely in the realm of 'aquaculture' ...

I have been cultivating oysters on my beach since the summer of 2018. I have three batches of seed from Taylor Shellfish Farms distributed amongst 10 grow bags, shown here tethered to the beach, at low tide. There are ~1200 oysters of various ages in these bags at present.

IMGP6345r1.jpg

Yesterday I finally had my first harvest- a half dozen oysters grown from seed. These are 16 months old-

IMGP6779r2.jpg

I grew up collecting oysters off the rocks in coastal New England, and love them! And my home-growns (still searching for a name) were delicious! Having a few more for lunch today! :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water change in just the 75 gallon growout for tonight. The amphilophus are growing fast and the largest midas may be ready to move over soon.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water change and cleaning in the 300 today. Otherwise just fed the tanks and watched the amphilophus growout tank for a bit. I think the largest midas needs to get moved soon, getting a little aggressive now in the 75, but only during feeding so far.

Bullyboy

Tweezed hair algae around sensitive plants and checked on everyone in the rack, Vitachem and dosed ferts.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Mostly feeding today and watching the amphilophus growouts. We had to re-stretch and clean carpets today so garage was full of furniture from the house. No way to work on my garage fish keeping projects. Tomorrow it all goes back into the house so hopefully I can get cracking on that again.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Added a Vivosun grow heat pad under the greenhouse. The mat is 20.75x10 so it fits perfectly under a 10g
There is a single dwarf chain sword, 2 different crypts, rinekii, and ludwigia.
E199FA46-2E27-4323-AE47-466ECD46B69E.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Productive morning! Moved some stuff back into house so I could do water changes on the 75 and 65B in garage. Also did water change on the 300. The office 65B is right by bathroom so drain and fill up are not too bad but not convenient so this one gets done less often. Cant wait to have it in the garage too. This will make it so much easier to keep up.

whatthebloody

You animal! Lol i spent over 3 hours setting up a tank last night after all the kids were asleep. Got done after midnight. Was actually really fun!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Im gonna try and find more anubias, a taller type to fill the tank heightwise

Have you tried the Aquarium Plants Factory in CA? They usually have a nice selection of Anubias; high quality stuff. Here is one of my Xenotilapia tanks; all of these Anubias came from APF-

IMGP6744.jpg

whatthebloody

I believe thats where I got all my Anubias Nana Petite. Ebay buy 2 get 1 free. And they were big and healthy. Yours look bomb.com. Ive tried aquarium coop twice and havent had luck at all. Just purchased $60 worth of anubias gold coin from their store. Dropped the pots in the tank and within a couple days there was a lot of melt. Ended up having to throw it all away because it smelled like rot laaaaame! I just picked some up from Aquarium Zen and they were amazing. Got to pick em out myself, and they had been in the holding tank for a while because there was a bunch of growth into the rockwool.
And yes, Fluval Flex 15 gallon. Got it for $70 something on petco.com, couldnt pass it up!