What did you do with your tank(s) today?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@lloyd378, recount and there are 10

Remember the red devil with the mouth issue? I watched it for a while and it kept on stretching it's mouth and was actually smacking it's head on a heater cord... A couple hours later it stretches it's mouth again and out pops a large bala sharks scale. It had wedged itself in when the fish tried to eat it. Lol

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, recount and there are 10

Remember the red devil with the mouth issue? I watched it for a while and it kept on stretching it's mouth and was actually smacking it's head on a heater cord... A couple hours later it stretches it's mouth again and out pops a large bala sharks scale. It had wedged itself in when the fish tried to eat it. Lol
He literally bit off more than he could chew! He’s a good looking fish, I’m glad his mouth is back to normal

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
He literally bit off more than he could chew! He’s a good looking fish, I’m glad his mouth is back to normal
He was looking like a blood parrot for a while. I knew something was wrong but could not tell what was up.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Actually, yesterday... Received my shipment of 12 Tropheus moorii 'Kambwimba' Red Rainbow. I've been looking for these for a while. They're in a 55 quarantine tank at the moment, and seem to be doing fine. They are small, not showing much color yet, but they should start to color up in a few months. I really like how the individual scales are so prominent on some Tropheus, and this population shows that feature particularly well.

tropheus-moorii-kambwimba-red-rainbow-image1.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I had an extra Finnex 48” 24/7+ so I upgraded the 35g bowfront now the 20g hex has light as well. I’m using the lights program to control the on/off.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Lately been just water changes and cleaning tanks. Trying to move 65B's around garage to finish my rack project.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
@Colin James, is that an Aquatop heater in your pic of the free fish? What do you think of them?

Yes, it is. I like the cage. Easy to read numbers on top for temperature settings. I have two. The one in the QT and one in the shrimp tank. I really should use them in the SD tank since they spazz out. Smaller than the same wattage ebo/eheim too.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s what I did today....

1. separated my rtm pair because they keep breeding and aren’t growing ( and their spawns are very small)
Moved each one to a 40b

2. scooped out about 300 umbee fry from the parents tank to try to growout them up to get them to local hobbyist

3. gravel vacced and filled up my 220, 180, 125, 2x 75 , topped off my shrimp tank, and cleaned my bearded dragons temp tank.

4. moved my two larger polys to their own tank, and moved my lone (extra) rtm to my growout tank .... he significantly larger and more aggressive then the others ( like 2” bigger) I may find some beat up fish in the morning, but I hope not as I want him in a bigger tank then he was in. I also lowered the temp in that tank down to 73-74 in the hope of Lessing agggression.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s a side pic of my extra rtm male... his patterning is amazing and I think he will become a wetpet. I also may sell at some point my rtm pair as I like this lone male more 30CD9E81-A45E-4612-A2EB-4C324A7C2FB5.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, you did a lot with your fish! I think you did the right thing separating the Rtm’s. They were putting all their energy into spawns so you didn’t see any growth. Plus the small spawn sizes were a good indication they were needing a break. That solo male does look good, I can see why you want to keep him as a wet pet.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I move the Apple log upstairs to one of the 20g as it wasn’t working with the new aquascape. I’m really enjoying the way the finnex light changes color throughout it’s schedule.
49FF341B-B788-444F-9CEE-4EA8331C8C78.jpeg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
And my view from my chair. Except I can just turn my head or chair for a different view :D
Angel pair are in the half circle 20g.
4DED49C4-A715-4E24-8499-E2D045992806.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday I went up and picked up a beautiful jardini fro
Zeusalmight...... let me add that I was in awe of his collection! It was like walking into a nice public aquarium. My hope is that he sees this post and then creates a video tour of his collection. His corals are stunning and I won’t go on and on because I don’t want to ruin his future video . Haha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday I went up and picked up a beautiful jardini fro
Zeusalmight...... let me add that I was in awe of his collection! It was like walking into a nice public aquarium. My hope is that he sees this post and then creates a video tour of his collection. His corals are stunning and I won’t go on and on because I don’t want to ruin his future video . Haha
Thats awesome! I bet there are a ton of members here who have some pretty awesome set ups... you know who you are, show us your fish rooms! lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Drained the 20L in the garage and got the stand ready to sell. The area is all free to put in a small cabinet with countertop and get shelves up. Then I can move stuff and start working on the opposite wall of the garage to finish up my stacked rack tanks.