What did you do with your tank(s) today?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
After noticing a dead pleco ( one of my new ones) and a red tail rainbow with brutal injuries down its side, I removed the 5 largest exsul jewels from the tank ( they are all now 2.5”) except the two smallest ones at 1.5”

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water changes on garage tanks. Also fed whole krill to all the fish today. On the smaller fishes I had used the Hikari krill cubes which look like little sticks of krill but decided to feed the smaller whole krill this time. All the fish were happy with the treat.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Received my Ken's order. Fry pellets and cichlid pellets came in 1/2lb ziplock bags. The 4mm krill pellets came in a large canister. Well received by all those fed.PXL_20210409_025524486.jpgPXL_20210409_025543471.jpgPXL_20210409_025536583.jpg

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve never received a canister from kens... how much did you order? The last time I ordered 2 lbs of the krill pellets

Modest_Man

Krill pellets and the main ingredient is fish meal.

And cichlid pellets have wheat and soybean as two of the top three.

I use some of their veggie sticks but have not been impressed with their other stuff. It's cheap at least.

Sorry to be a downer.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member

I use some of their veggie sticks but have not been impressed with their other stuff. It's cheap at least.

Sorry to be a downer.
Yes, which is why my staple is SD and I also mix in dr basslers

Madness

Staff member

Sorry to be a downer.
Your first 2 comments are why i won't buy that food either.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member

Sorry to be a downer.

Sorry to be a downer.
Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms.

Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

Down goes the first one,
Down goes the second one,
Oh, how they wiggle and squirm.

Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
:rofl

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@fishguy1978, lol, everyone has their opinions on food. It almost felt like I was on MFK for a moment....

I actually have been tempted try the Ken's algae wafers due to cost and what I feel may be a limited benefit of a high quality food for my giant rhino pleco. I had been feeding Omega One, NorthFin and now the NLS Algaemax. Since the pleco tends to eat so much, I question if a highly concentrated, nutrient rich wafer really is of that much benefit. I feel like it just goes right through him, lol, at least thats what all the poop seems to prove. The NLS when finished up will get replaced with something a bit more economical, just need to figure out what to switch to.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
O. S. I. Spirulina Flake Food- Spirulina flakes and the main ingredient is Fish Meal. The top four ingredients are-

Fish Meal
Wheat Flour
Spirulina
Shrimp meal

:whistle :whistle :whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Really seems like a lot of fish food manufacturers love to name a product after some thing, like Krill, Earthworm, Spirulina and these are not the main ingredient at all but down the list a ways.

Modest_Man

My four year old figured out he can open the lowest lids on my rack and has been tossing any creature he can find in to feed the sagittae. Spiders, flies, worms, pill bugs, and who knows what else. Been prepping the garden so they've been getting lots of worms, dirt and all. Fish have been loving it.

Jexnell

I rehomed my Nanolutae, Bushynose pleco, Cory cat and Bleeding Heart tetras. So just the PTC and the one Nanolutae fry is left. So it's ready for a new group of Carpinitis. By Monday all the stuff for the third tank will be here.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Today is Caspers water change
View attachment 8500
Have you noticed that the Aqueon 125 Ensemble page has reappeared on the PetSmart website? It is not listed as being In Stock in any of their local stores, but at least the page has reappeared. Maybe getting ready for a new batch? I'm still torn between doing another 125 vs. two 75's and 40L's side-by-side. :rolleyes:

Jexnell

Have you noticed that the Aqueon 125 Ensemble page has reappeared on the PetSmart website? It is not listed as being In Stock in any of their local stores, but at least the page has reappeared. Maybe getting ready for a new batch? I'm still torn between doing another 125 vs. two 75's and 40L's side-by-side. :rolleyes:
I have not looked at the site since I found mine. Good to know still building them...I have room for a third....

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Bigger is always better :whistle