What did you do with your fish tanks today? Pics appreciated!

Laura

FISH PEEPS!!! The change over happened. Loads of work- but heres how it went: 30 g bare-bottom, plants in pots, very little flow and noisy... Now, planted 55g- with flow, and quiet! My goal was to use sand (as i heard its good for yoyos- yes i know they may uproot plants)- to make it look like a planted lake bottom. Loads of help from hubs- and hours later, here is the transformation.
Please note the hob filters are being used to polish tge water... Wont always be where they are. Also i need to upgrade lighting - as soon as i can afford it!

Before:

image.jpg

After: image.jpeg image.jpeg

krislhull

Took down our 30gal and set up two tanks in its place... Ultimately, we will have two 40Bs on the stand, but for the time being, it is a 40B and a 20.
IMG_4118.JPG IMG_4120.JPG

krislhull

Did some more work on our new tanks this weekend. I moved my wife's new 20g off of the stand we set up last weekend and relocated it to a bookshelf on the other side of the room, and set up the 40B that I removed from under our 210gal last week. I think the stand looks more complete with two 40Bs on it!

and then, after buying a bigger air pump at the swap meets back in February (I think?), I finally got around to getting a manifold set up and plumbing the pump into our 210 gal tank and our two new 40Bs that I set up. I was lazy and just ordered one of the premade manifolds from Jehmco, and Its a pretty good quality one! The best part about all of this is that we have gone from using a combined 4 air pumps on three tanks, to just one!

IMG_4144.JPG IMG_4143.JPG IMG_4146.JPG IMG_4145.JPG

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Wow. That looks AMAZING! I'm inspired!

FISH PEEPS!!! The change over happened. Loads of work- but heres how it went: 30 g bare-bottom, plants in pots, very little flow and noisy... Now, planted 55g- with flow, and quiet! My goal was to use sand (as i heard its good for yoyos- yes i know they may uproot plants)- to make it look like a planted lake bottom. Loads of help from hubs- and hours later, here is the transformation.
Please note the hob filters are being used to polish tge water... Wont always be where they are. Also i need to upgrade lighting - as soon as i can afford it!

Before:

View attachment 2789

After: View attachment 2790 View attachment 2791

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Instead of putting up the Xmas Tree that was sitting in a bucket in the carport, I rearranged tank stuff. Sure. I have my priorities correct!

Red Tank - took plants out of the LR tank and installed them here. Those Octopus plants (?) look like they've had the crap beaten out of them -- because they have. The lighting is SO LOW in this little tank, I can't imagine anything is going to live in here for long, but I'm adding Aquarium Co-Op ferts so we shall see!

50G - took out that ginormous cichilid cave and put it in the LR tank for the pleco. You may see that in the "for free" threads soon. I think it looks like a giant white coffin. Eww.

Living Room Tank - took out a BUNCH of plants to give these big guys more room to move around. Oh yes, and they got some xmas lights to boot!

RedTank_11.28.16.jpg 50_11.28.16.jpg LR Tank 11.28.16.jpg