UPDATED+Plant Layout PokeSephiroth's 20 Gallon Walstad Tank

Chiisai

RE: Hanging the lights

Go to the hardware store and get a few "J" hook to mount from your cieling. Then use chain. You can mark every other link with a sharpie. This allows you to raise or lower your lights as you need aprox 3/4" per link. Play around with it till you get it just right. Just my 2 cents.

Ewb46

I am loving the 20L set up. I have 3 dirt tanks myself, and will not go back to having any other kind of substrate. Blue Rams are a hoot! I have a breeding pair in a 5 gal planted w/dirt. The pair I have go nuts for micro and blackworms. 0k.

Ewb46: Thanks! Yeah, have been going through the dirted path, I've never wanted to use any other substrate. =P That's why all my tanks are dirted now (with the exception of my 8 foot long divided tanks. lol)

cichlid-gal

PokeSephiroth said:
Well, I told myself that I would do a plant layout graphic for this tank, and I've put it off for the longest time now, because I've been lazy lol. So, here it is. :)

It's currently going through some transitioning/re-scaping...and it being dirted, is a daunting task. I know I shouldn't be re-arranging a dirted tank, but it's just... not the way I really want it to be. I took out all of the Valisneria that I could, and transfered them into my 55 gallon. That cleared up A LOT of space. :D

Nice schematic....what did you use to do the drawings and such with Angelo? Any update pics? And I didn't notice those Vals in your shots of the tank on page 3 of the thread ... only in the cleanout pics. Glad you removed them...I think it will look better without them.

Pics, pics and more pics please.

Thanks cichlid-gal! I used photoshop to make the schematics, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, because you have to create a circular or oval shape then you have to re-shape it and warp it so that it covers the necessary areas hehehe.

I'm glad I took out the vals as well, I transfered them to my 55, and they seem to look a lot better in there due to the extra height of the tank.

I will take some pictures hopefully by tonight and make a new plant layout as I have somewhat changed it up a bit since I made that last one... I believe. :D

So... I think I've hit a hump in the road. The tank isn't looking as nice as I had wanted it to look, so I think I will postpone taking pictures and making the new plant layout, until after I've trimmed the jungle, a bit.

Hahaha, I almost feel bad for the fish. They're pressed right up against the glass.  :whistle:  (oknonotreallybutyougetthepoint).