Update: 3/3 Pleco bow chicka wow wow (Pic Heavy)

MorganEA

Re: Pleco bow chicka wow wow

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
Lol what if you just pushed them back in his cave?
I wish I could of gotten a video of him swimming out and trying to check the egg but the loach was trying to eat it so I put it into the fry saver.
I agree with Flamechica we need pictures of your babies!!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

They are and growing like weeds! They LOVE green beans and Paradigm Graze!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Paradigm Graze is a bottom feeder food that takes 24 hours to break down. So its available for them to "graze" on :)

flamechica

Awwww! So cute! They are getting big pretty quick! It's really neat to see them grow up. Thanks for sharing these pics with us. I would probably never see this any other time. I don't have any luck when it comes to breeding.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

I think the mix of veggie krill pellets from Southern Delight, Graze from Paradigm and no salt added french cut green beans is making them grow like weeds. Maybe Betty will step in and tell us if this is normal growth or if they are just eating really good foods?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Baby pleco are so cute! Nice job with them.

Betty

Staff member

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I think the mix of veggie krill pellets from Southern Delight, Graze from Paradigm and no salt added french cut green beans is making them grow like weeds. Maybe Betty will step in and tell us if this is normal growth or if they are just eating really good foods?
This seems normal to me. If they are not in a tank competing with adults or other types of fish for food, they grow like crazy. They are looking really good. I don't have any experience with the long fins. I wonder when those will start to show?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

I was finally able to snap some decent shots of the parents.

Dad and his fins:

And mom, she changes coloration alot but you can tell she has shorter fins. I got her from CrazedAce.

Betty

Staff member

The male is a beauty. Is the mom not a long finned variety or are her fins just shorter than the male? I'm really curious what this batch of fry is going to look like. You might have quite the mix. :)