Update: 3/3 Pleco bow chicka wow wow (Pic Heavy)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I'm so happy! This week has been going well. From being nominated to be a mod, which I am excited and feel humble for, to one of my angels possibly pulling through the copper / lead ordeal, now to find my first ever batch of BN pleco eggs! Mom is a standard regular fin and dad is a chocolate long fin. I can't wait to watch these eggs develop! Sooo excited! Woop!

Betty

Staff member
Re: Pleco bow chicka wow wow

That's great news! Congrats.

Is that the bamboo piece?

tazeat

They grow quick they're fun to watch. They multiply like crazy when the tanks are right, I separate mine by sex :)

A

Anonymous

Pleco bow ........ chicka, wow wow? Lol. Fingers crossed for fry. Good job ShortyKyloGyrl!!!!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Thanks guys! I'm so excited. I got this group to breed. A LFS can't keep enough in and he told me he would be ANY I could bring him. So I purchased a group of 5 and I already had one standard fin I left in the tank as well. If I get an abundance I can sell in multiple locations. :)

Betty

Staff member

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I made that fancy one and they liked yours better :)
Haha. I'm glad that they like it. The pieces of bamboo that I put in my tank are now hollow logs instead of caves. I don't know if they ate through the ends or if they've just dissolved away over time, but the plecos still like to hang out in and on the pieces.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Betty said:
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I made that fancy one and they liked yours better :)
Haha. I'm glad that they like it. The pieces of bamboo that I put in my tank are now hollow logs instead of caves. I don't know if they ate through the ends or if they've just dissolved away over time, but the plecos still like to hang out in and on the pieces.

Interesting mine haven't done that yet! This piece is about 1" across so I think I am going to make future pvc fancy ones in 1.5" They definitely aren't a fan of the big one I made so I think I may remove it and try selling it to someone with a bigger species or use it in my 75 gallon and see if my pictus will use it maybe.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

I made them that way lol. I faced them closer to the front of the tank so they have room to get in there but the angels can't get close. I figured more cave like as well :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

And from today (day 3):

I can start to see bodies forming. :) The white parts of the eggs is what I believe are the bodies :)

Betty

Staff member

Look at all of those eggs! He's doing a good job with them.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Is it a large amount of eggs Betty? I swear he has gotten more/longer bristles since the eggs were laid and he started carrying for them!

Betty

Staff member

It looks like a decent amount to me. :spoton:

If you can see the little bodies and tails forming, they will probably be wigglers tomorrow. They develop quickly.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

There is white portions inside the eggs which I am assuming is their bodies forming. They were laid in the night of Sunday to Monday morning. So they are about 3 days old. How long before they are fully hatched again? About 5 days if I remember my research?

Betty

Staff member

Yes, about 5 days.

This was day 1 or 2. I found these eggs kicked out of the cave and put them in a breeder box.
e5b9cba9.jpg

And this was 5 days later.
716abd1a.jpg

I posted these pictures and the days between here -- Bristlense pleco caves

Are you planning to remove them to a growout tank or let them stay in this tank?