Update: 3/3 Pleco bow chicka wow wow (Pic Heavy)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Re: Pleco bow chicka wow wow

I haven't fully decided. I think I might keep them in the tank this time. And in the future have a grow out tank. I have a 20 long I need to set up. In this tank they have 3 caves a piece of driftwood to hide under and a bunch of plants. Then when they get about 1-2 months old they will be off to the pet store who wanted to purchase them :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Here are some Day 4 pictures and a short video of dad being awesome!

His bristles are really coming in with the eggs growth. Weird.

Video of a great first time dad!

Betty

Staff member

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I haven't fully decided. I think I might keep them in the tank this time. And in the future have a grow out tank. I have a 20 long I need to set up. In this tank they have 3 caves a piece of driftwood to hide under and a bunch of plants. Then when they get about 1-2 months old they will be off to the pet store who wanted to purchase them :)

What other fish are in the tank? I don't have any experience with eggs and fry in a community tank, but I don't think the survival rate will be too high if there are fish big enough to eat them. Having said that, I do like to let my fish (not just plecos) raise their young, especially if it's their first time. Hopefully the fry will stay in those hiding places.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

There are two angels in the tank but they rarely go near the substrate. They stay mid to top level of the tank. Other than that it is only the plecos. I do have a 20 gallon I'm waiting to cycle that's bare bottom I could put them into which is an option.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Congrats on the spawn! That really is awesome!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Grimblegrumble said:
This is so exciting!

I know grimble grumble! You came after I had all my tank problems but I lost half of my fish :( this is a blessing

I am new to the game, I saw posts about the copper. I am happy you figured it out before you were harmed too much by it. I hope all the babies make it!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

I evicted them from their cave tonight. I'm uploading pics to photobucket right now :)