The Infamous Sriracha Sauce

MorganEA: You're one of those people that like the taste of tabasco and not sriracha, aren't you? :confused: 
lol, kidding. :hugg: 

Yeah, Sriracha can be an acquired taste...I mean, I used to not like the stuff when I was younger because I thought it was made with rooster blood, well what did you expect? I was like 7... and the sauce was blood red, and had a picture of a rooster on their logo! :laughhard: 

dwarfpike: Thankfully, you can easily find the sauce in practically any grocery store now :D

dwarfpike

Yeah, I just rather try it before buying a whole bottle of it ... especially since I tend towards not liking unsmoked peppers and their sauces.

Ohhh...... well hey, if you ever make it up to the store (Aquarium Co-Op) and catch a day where I'm working there, lemme know, and I can give you small taste of Sriracha Sauce (I have a bottle in my car on standby... I take it with me wherever I go.) . . . =P

MorganEA

I don't like tabasco either :affraid:  maybe its because my Aunt loves it and puts it on everything so I was forced to eat it while I was at her house.

dwarfpike

Oh that's funny ... I walk in ... "Can I help you today?"

*whispers* "Yeah ... I'm here to score some sriracha ... and toss in some java moss while you are at it."

dwarfpike: EXACTLY!! :D Let's freak Cory out. Bwahahahaha!!!

MorganEA: Oh yikes, yeah I have an uncle that does the same thing, but with mustard. Er...

A

Anonymous

Dun wan to rain on this parade but has anyone else heard this?

I heard on news or somewhere that the makers of Sriracha was gong to stop exporting to other states? Our family eats a lot of this stuff. Would be an awful bummer!

It's old news, really. So many articles about the factory getting shut down or put on hold, to even rumors of being relocated.

My friends have countless posted the various articles on my Facebook timeline, as if they think I would go into a panic.

I'm not worried, I just need to make my own racha sauce and make some serious bank from it. Bwahahaha!

A

Anonymous

I hope its just a rumor, gooOOd stuff, yumm.

& you're spoiled! early Christmas presents, gesh ;) The candy canes are funny, are they good?!

fishNAbowl: They are AMAZINNNNNNNNNG!!!! I got em from one of my good friends from my highschool/jazz choir days. Those were some good times. :)

I usually welcome the "heat" that sriracha sauce packs, but these candy canes... oh man. I could barely finish one. =P

Chiisai

With the company netting $85,000,000 annually I doubt they will close. Looks like from the news feed that the filter is cheapest option other then relocating the facility. With western washington having a high demand for this product its unlikely the company will stop selling it here.