Taming the Beast (100 Gallon Tank Restoration Project)

jrmakawoody, thanks lol! Well, it only looks smooth along the long edges, it gets a bit ugly looking around the corners, but that's just my OCD kicking in. Hahaha!!

Update!

Continuing his quest to tame the Beast, the brave one sets forth and seeks aid from a fellow friend, Addicted2CAs. Obtaining the magical brace of Uhl'rah to keep the Beast in its place, preventing it from lashing at its foes with its magical powers by spitting shards of glass and creating powerful tsunamis, leaving a wake of dead monstrosities alike.

The magical brace of Uhl'rah has been obtained! Thanks to the help of Addicted2CAs help. I thank thee for assisting me in this mythical quest to tame the beast.

And the journey continues...

Lamental Jester

Poke, every pic of you I see always has your mouth open
sparta_zps8536935f.jpg

Lamental Jester, hahahaha!! It's one of my signature "poses" . . . I try not to follow the "Asian Peace Sign" cliche, so I go with the "Mouth Wide Open" approach. =D

Fits my personality quite well, I think. LOL

Addicted2CAs, it's just going to replace my current 55 gallon setup, so everything in there... dunno if I will add any more fish, because I think I'm already pushing my stocking limit with the fish I currently have in it.

10 Zebra Danios
15 Harlequin Rasboras
4 Otocinclus
1 Twinbar Swortail (Male) . . . I need to find it some mates.
4 Sunset Platties
3 Blackskirt Tetras (might have to get more of these guys)
6 Bleeding Heart Tetras
A couple red ramshorn/malaysian trumpet/bladder snails
And a few red cherry shrimp that have escaped. =P

Would be nice to have some congo tetras, but I have no idea where to find ones at an affordable price. Hehehe

Kaosu

Awesome, I just picked up a 125 with the same problem...going to be fixing it up this summer!

Kaosu, very cool! I just couldn't wait for summer to start on mine...lol, although, granted, if the tank holds water, I still have to work on the flooring and making it structurally safe to support the weight of the tank... that might take me a while, since money is tight lol. Alas, I shall have to wait for summer, regardless =P

Update!!

The beast has become reckless! It urges to break free of its solitude! The brave one must act fast, and quell this raging monster of a tank!

One week has gone by since I redid the sealant on the tank, figured I'd let it cure for one week, instead of the regular "48-72 hours" that most people do... Definitely no more vinegar smell, so that's a good sign. :D

ONWARDS!!!
The beast looks on, ready to stand its ground and fight for its life.

The beast is strong! The brave one tries to strangle the beast with the hose, and soon the beast gives in as the brave one emerges victorious, prepping the beast for a splashing of mystic water.

SPLISH SPLASH KISS MY GLASS! 50% filled up! No leaks so far! The center brace (of Uhl'rah) privided by Addicted2CAs seems to be working! I can't budge it anymore! Definite signs of bowing, had there been no brace on it. Thanks again for the brace Addicted2CAs! :D

VICTOLY...er... VICTORY!!! (queue Final Fantasy Fanfare music. I wish I had a huge sword, but all I had was this Paddle...meh. It'll do.)
The beast has been tamed!!! Tank is 100% full, still no leaks, I will keep it in the garage like this for several days, and monitor it for any possible signs of leakage and/or weak sealant issues. But for now, the brave one can now rest, and is confident that the village can now rest in peace......................................for now.

Only just a matter of time now.... before the beast decides to terrorize the village once again... but who knows when that will happen. (To be continued)....
Final_Fantasy_8_The_End.jpg

pbmax

I'm waiting for LJ's response; he's far more clever than I. :shock:

Good job! Watch where you swing that thing though ;)

pbmax, thank yas! Yeah, I was imagining myself swinging the paddle around, and hitting the aquarium by accident, and seeing cracks slowly forming all across the tank. Hahaha... not a pretty sight.

nick_76, got a Dodge Grand Caravan that I use that I always park in the driveway... Toyota Celica is nice and secure in his little garage home. :)

nick_76, DEFINITELY nice and secure. :D for a couple days. It needs its rest. hehehe....

Lamental Jester, *gasp* D: I bet you, if I did find a sword, like Cloud's Buster Sword...this would be me.
funny-gifs-final-fantasy.gif

nick_76

gotta say, my favorite FF was the original. by the time VII came around was when things started to fall apart for me.

ditto for metal gear as well

on an unrelated note, as you can see by my avatar, my tank is clearing up somewhat with the addition of some crud coagulants and a filter thats rated for my size tank....thanx ron!

the eheim ECCO isnt a bad machine, but when i stand it next to my older eheim theres no comparison.

the current project is to find an older ehiem so i can re-motor mine - a 2026- (it has a 220 V motor on it. if i plug it in here, the amperage would kill it dead!)

nick_76, FF6 was my favorite (or rather...FF3 when it came out for the SNES, here in the US)... followed by FF7 (but that's just how most of the fans are) . . . I do like the original as well, but I just can't stand 8-bit graphics anymore. I've replayed the PSP remakes and those were enjoyable :)

I got an Eheim 2232 ECCO from lars on, about two months ago... it was broken, and she was about to throw it out, but I asked if I could take a look at it and maybe fix it up, so she gave it to me, and I've been happy with it ever since. :)