Taming the Beast (100 Gallon Tank Restoration Project)

I can't believe it took me a little over a year to TOTALLY tame this thing. I finished re-painting the stand, and the borders around the tank... I'm so glad I'm done! Now, it's just a matter of bringing in this tank INSIDE the house... we'll have to make sure our floors can support it though, if it doesn't, we'll have to install some supports in the crawl space. But other than that, I think this project is considered DONE. :D

(yes, the tank isn't level. I'm fully aware of that. =P)

Cichlid-gal and popss: thank you! ... and... oh my... I don't know what exactly is in the tank, it's kinda just my "toss it in that tank" type of tank. LOL... but off the top of my head I can name these:

3 Common Sailfin Plecos (one that's 17" long, 9" long, and 5" long)
10+ Mickey Mouse Platties
10+ Black Neon Tetras
6-8 Angelfish (various sizes)
8 Black Skirt Tetras
6 Kribensis
12 Albino Corydoras
3 Giant Sized Striped Raphael Catfish (they look like females, they're about 9")

Ummm... I KNOW there are more fish in there, I just can't think of them at the moment. LOL.

I will also be adding DMD123's Albino Senegal Bichir in there. He can eat all the Black Neon Tetras and Mickey Mouse Platties all he wants... he's allowed to. =P

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
PokeSephiroth said:
I will also be adding DMD123's Albino Senegal Bichir in there. He can eat all the Black Neon Tetras and Mickey Mouse Platties all he wants... he's allowed to. =P
He is a pelletarian, and only hunts pellets, but Im sure he might have some fun with these little 'friends'  :whistle

And I wouldn't mind if he did! :D population control! I could also dump a whole bunch of white clouds in there. Hahahaha... I do have some sinking carnivore pellets by Hikari... would those work?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
He loves the sinking carnivore, that is his favorite!

A

Anonymous

Looks great Angelo. Definitely INSIDE display quality  :spoton: 

MRTom

Good job on the tank remodel project! :) Can you share some detail pics too? Would love to see more of the scape and the finish on the wood!