Skrittles Mix

Mike16T

Oh, phew! Yes, that's what I meant. That's a really small buce which is why I probably hadn't noticed when I see it in person.

Yep.. Normal. =) Even my smallest buces have those on their submerged form leaves. It's really cool looking if you ask me.. ^_^

julzhull

Wasn't sure of a good place to put this so I'll post here for now. Finally got my order from Elevate Shrimp @Mike16T!

I'm pretty pleased. Of course I don't judge size well so some of the moss platforms seem huge but we'll see. Thinking of the big corner one as my buce bed for my betta but it could be overkill. That thing is huge.

image.jpeg

17mars

I just love your shrimp! And I'm jealous about the babies. I combined all of my reds, blues and oranges into a single tank a month ago, had three berried females and haven't seen a single baby yet. But that rainbow effect is so stunning!

Mike16T

Wasn't sure of a good place to put this so I'll post here for now. Finally got my order from Elevate Shrimp @Mike16T!

I'm pretty pleased. Of course I don't judge size well so some of the moss platforms seem huge but we'll see. Thinking of the big corner one as my buce bed for my betta but it could be overkill. That thing is huge.

View attachment 3980

Very nice! ^_^ I think your shrimps will love those food.. I should've bought one of those leaf holder

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

View attachment 3980

Oh Wow. I can't wait to see what you do with all of this stuff, @julzhull

julzhull

are you trying to breed a new strain? just keeping random colors?
I fell in love with the Skrittle Mixes that L. R. Bretz has. I'm just having fun with all the colors. He does say that you can sometimes get interesting colors but that's not really my goal. I've been wanting to have a nice successful colony of shrimp and so far these guys seem to be thriving.

I've got a bunch of red babies but I'm yearning for more blues in this tank so I hope I get some of those. I know I saw a berried blue female a few weeks ago but I have yet to see any blue babies.

17mars

I finally saw some babies in my mixed tank! There were three very pale blue tinted and a very pale slightly beige one.
Are your red babies still clear with a red hint or ...? How do they look?

julzhull

I finally saw some babies in my mixed tank! There were three very pale blue tinted and a very pale slightly beige one.
Are your red babies still clear with a red hint or ...? How do they look?
I can definitely see a red tint to my reds. I posted a pic of one on a rock on the 1st page of this post. I think I saw an orange baby the other day and it was paler than the red ones I've seen. I want blue babies so bad!!!

julzhull

Finally tied my bronze buce onto one of my new Elevate Shrimp ledges for my betta bed (not in my shrimp tank). Wish I hadn't let the buce go in the tank so long in the clump. Saw a lot of rotten roots/leaves in there. :/

image.jpeg