Skrittles Mix

julzhull

Lots going on in this photo. Several babies (I think red). The red female on top might be berried but she's too solid to see eggs. I'm wondering if she's a Fire Red.
image.jpeg

Betty

Staff member
She's a nice solid red. I really like those yellow ones too.

The shelves and holders are a great idea, but suctions cups don't last very long in my tanks. They harden so fast and don't stick anymore! :(

julzhull

The shelves and holders are a great idea, but suctions cups don't last very long in my tanks. They harden so fast and don't stick anymore! :(
Didn't think of that. We'll see how well these last. They seem to be decent.

Betty

Staff member
I've wondered if it's because I have hard water here? I don't know if that would cause them to harden faster, but they just don't last very long. I stock up on suction cups around christmas time when they have a lot of them in various sizes and try to make some of them work because I use them for all sorts of things. :) (The other day I sliced my finger on the edge of a hardened suction cup. :mad:)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

Mine harden -- eventually. But not super fast. I don't take them on and off though either. Once I suction something, it's gonna stay there a good long while. Maybe years. LOL

julzhull

12-15 (I say that because I lost count, but I know there's 12 minimum). They always hide. It's hard to tell already.
Good to know. Clearly I'm feeding mine too much. That being said I do have 20+ adults and now lots of little babies. So, I'll feed less often but maybe a little more than you do. I also have a small long fin BN albino pleco in there and 6 hasbrosus corydoras so extra food doesn't seem to go to waste.

17mars

I have snails in my tank so I have to feed every day. Sometimes the snails beat the shrimp to the food!

julzhull

I have snails in my tank so I have to feed every day. Sometimes the snails beat the shrimp to the food!
I do too but I'd rather not feed them. They're pond snails too which I despise more than ramshorns. I need to channel @Loren and get back on my nail smashing game.