Skrittles Mix

julzhull

Thanks for posting some photos. It is starting to look a little crowded in there. ;)
Ha! Crowded in shrimp/plants or all of the above? I'm not sure at what point I have to thin out shrimp. I've wanted a shrimp wonderland for so long that I'm hesitant to thin the herd. Also, this was during feeding time so there is a good chunk of the time where I only see a fraction of what you're seeing in those pictures. There seems to be lots of room for them to spread out still. I do have an abundance of red shrimp in there. I could try to move some to a different tank and see how they do.

Loren

I meant crowded in a good way and just in regards to the shrimp. It is nice to see a group of adults all huddled together. Also, the bioload of shrimp is so small that you have little reason to worry about them putting a strain on your water quality.

julzhull

I meant crowded in a good way and just in regards to the shrimp. It is nice to see a group of adults all huddled together. Also, the bioload of shrimp is so small that you have little reason to worry about them putting a strain on your water quality.
I love feeding time so I can see what's actually in there. It's so full of java fern/crypts/moss that most of the time I only see 10-20. I still wish I had more blues. My reds seem to be really prolific.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Not sure I've posted my whole shrimp tank. Still needs some work but it's a shrimp wonderland in there.
View attachment 4167

That IS a SHRIMP WONDERLAND!

I often look at mine and wish it looked better -- but it's Disneyland for Shrimps; lotsa wood, algae on three sides of the glass, mineral stone, anubis nana petite, java moss, almond leaves and the brown water as a result. I think it looks terrible -- but they seem to be loving it. They did have a few babies! Waiting to see what will happen next. It's like a CRS/PRL Soap Opera.