SHOW OFF YOUR TANK!

Jubs

No need to apologize lol. I need to pick up some root tabs. I am ordering some EI ferts today so hopefully have them this week. Also paid for membership with GSAS .

Seattle_Aquarist

Hey Jubs,

August 11th is the GSAS picnic which is usually a blast! I think last year we had 50 or so GSAS members and family show up for a few hours of fishy fun. It's a Potluck, bring your specialty dish, GSAS provides the burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, beverages. If you bring a few snippets of plants you can participate in the plant raffle.

A Place for Pets in Burien has KNO3 and KH2PO4 (also K2SO4) in stock; I saw them on the shelf earlier this week along with some new Apristos in stock. If you wait until you get your GSAS membership card in the mail, APFP gives GSAS members a 15% discount.

-Roy

Jubs

Sounds good I need to sign up I suppose to attend the picnic. I'll have the girlfriend make something lol she loves to cook.

I went there yesterday actually and liked their selection. I have my eye on some of those green rasboras as well they were really nice looking! As for the ferts it was so busy I couldn't really look at them without someone getting in my way so I just grabbed some Seachem stuff and headed out. I ordered from Colin over on TPT though so I should have some ferts ready to go this week.

I also talked to Jonah at Sierra yesterday about what he's looking for as far as livestock locally and I think I may try to breed some Apistos soon, he said they are something he's interested in as well as any of the dwarf cichlids, rams and stuff like that.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
This is what a 75 gallon fish tank looks like after you open a fish store... Yes I should really scrape algae or add some nerite snails. Water is in great shape, I am able to look past the algae to see the discus growing :D

nick_76

cory, please don't tempt me with pictures of discus....gas aint cheap you know...

never seen blue with a white belly before..

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry I won't tempt you. These are just assorted discus that I took home to grow out a bit. They are the same $36 ones I sell in the shop all the time :p

nick_76

I got some that should hatch in the next day and a half or so...one of these days ill make it past wiggler stage, the moms been eating everyone within a few hours of hatching....she watches over them for awhile, then decides its snack time, and sushi is on the menu

BallardFishGuy

Here are my tanks:

12g BioCube:
DSCN1263_zps2fc1b33b.jpg

29g MetaFrame Deluxe:
IMG_1677_zpsec4e76a1.jpg

The Rack (5 gallon fry tank, 20L fry grow out, 12g Eclipse):
DSCN1858_zps3bdc2e6f-1.jpg

2g Fluval Spec:

DSCN1206_zps7fdb6368.jpg

Cheers!

nick_76

lovin the biocube....curious when metal framed came back as the cool thing to have...had mine in 83...now im seeing them pop up all over the place

BallardFishGuy

nick_76 said:
lovin the biocube....curious when metal framed came back as the cool thing to have...had mine in 83...now im seeing them pop up all over the place
I just loved the look of the metal framed tanks...that and rimless tanks, but I decided to go retro as my father in law also has a love for them. He has a copper framed tank! Try googling it... = mind blown!

nick_76

metal framed and rimless....cant get more different than that can we? copper would look nice clean, must be a bitch to polish on a regular basis...and treating fish with salt? forget it...a few runs of stray salted water down the frames mean green streaks....still, im sure it looks cool, especially with the right mix of fish

BallardFishGuy

nick_76 said:
metal framed and rimless....cant get more different than that can we? copper would look nice clean, must be a bitch to polish on a regular basis...and treating fish with salt? forget it...a few runs of stray salted water down the frames mean green streaks....still, im sure it looks cool, especially with the right mix of fish
Yeah his is just a 5g or something but would be fun for a special fish. I saw an amazing one on Ebay but can't find any pics or I would post one.

A

Anonymous

My 125gal American cichlid tank
14010510.jpg

My 36gal walstad planted tank
14010810.jpg

My 30gal planted breeder tank
14010812.jpg

My 10gal planted dwarf shrimp tank
14010813.jpg

My 10gal planted grow out tank
14010811.jpg

cichlid-gal

Don't know how I missed this thread. Great pics. I love seeing tanks. Let's fill this thing UP!!!! I would love to see everyone's tanks.

JimA