Setting up a Lake Malawi Tank

A

Anonymous

Yup, threw the pict into photobucket, a little snip snip, splash of color, sharpened it up a bit and pow!

I have to say the tank looks really good. A few weeks ago when I seen the tank it was still pretty much a white out.

So, before I break out the champagne, can someone confirm for me that this female is holding?
dXMpnVB.jpg

ZtIPWqW.jpg

Anthraxx

ba-bam youve got eggs. right around 18-20 days from now you need to isolate her or strip her. either way most will try to isolate their girls after about 10 days to help reduce stress on them. males will continue to harass and try to breed with them. since these are aged fish already id say there isnt much harm if you decide to strip them yourself. its really easy to do and plenty of videos on youtube about it. GL to ya, either way the babies will need somewhere to grow for a cpl of weeks at least.

Hooray!

qtmXq.gif

Unfortuantly I don't have any other tanks to isolate/strip/grow-out at the moment. So, I'll just hope for the best! You might see some wee F2 A. Lwanda fry on here soon!

Anthraxx

10g + sponge filter + fresh BBS = happy healthy fry :) its all part of keeping africans, gotta take them kids while the gettings good. dont worry sooner or later youll stop caring as it just keeps happening :p

:suspect: Crappy phone picture update!

So after the 'fiasco' last month, I tore down my tank and rebuilt it. Here's what it looks like now:

I also snagged a 48" MonsterRay for my birthday and have that on there now.

Current stock is 12 P. Demasoni, 7 Yellow Lab/Red Zebra hybrids (got these for free so I'm not complaining), and 5 Pearl Zebras, plus 1 ABN pleco and a S. Petricola catfish.

Here's one of the P. Demasoni:

These guys have been growing quick, some are about 3" now and really starting to get some nice colors.

For whatever reason my camera doesn't play nice with the MonsterRay and turns everything purple.
 :suspect: 

Here's a shot of my ABN, I've had him since he was 1/2" long, now he's close to 6".

Anthraxx

great looking update, if your trying to find replacement labs im giving away a bunch of my babies. nice clean lines and 100% pure labs. free of charge just come to me, they are a little small at around the 1'' mark but hey free is free :p, betty if you wanted some your welcome to them as well.

A

Anonymous

Nice setup. Like the rocks.  :spoton: 
Where did you get the rocks and what kind are they?

SiRWesDragon said:
Nice setup. Like the rocks.  :spoton: 
Where did you get the rocks and what kind are they?
I got them from a snohomish rock place. They are on craigslist all the time. I just grabbed a bunch of Mexican Pot Rock. Not quite as nice as actual lace or holey rock, but I enjoy it  :cheers: 

Anthraxx said:
great looking update, if your trying to find replacement labs im giving away a bunch of my babies. nice clean lines and 100% pure labs. free of charge just come to me, they are a little small at around the 1'' mark but hey free is free :p, betty if you wanted some your welcome to them as well.
thanks! I might take you up on that offer in the future.

A

Anonymous

Anthraxx, if you cant wait. How about trade them for lfs credit?

Ripples

bronzefighter said:
:suspect: Crappy phone picture update!

So after the 'fiasco' last month, I tore down my tank and rebuilt it. Here's what it looks like now:

I also snagged a 48" MonsterRay for my birthday and have that on there now.

Current stock is 12 P. Demasoni, 7 Yellow Lab/Red Zebra hybrids (got these for free so I'm not complaining), and 5 Pearl Zebras, plus 1 ABN pleco and a S. Petricola catfish.

Here's one of the P. Demasoni:

These guys have been growing quick, some are about 3" now and really starting to get some nice colors.

For whatever reason my camera doesn't play nice with the MonsterRay and turns everything purple.
 :suspect: 

Here's a shot of my ABN, I've had him since he was 1/2" long, now he's close to 6".

His nose is HUGE!! How old is he?