Sad day in the Madness family

AE86-Danny

madness said:
How many do you want? I have a huge box full, I ordered online. They only ship in quantities of 400. Sell for $3 ea or less depending on how many you want.

As for the beating and soap, you will learn when your old enough and have teenagers. Every child is different and different things work on different children. Not to mention, this one is 6'4" and 215, and is a month away from being an adult.

lol i respect that, i wish i had a dad or a mom who never went to violence as a first step answer.
i always got my A** kicked, then i would get a "talking" to.

i have a 3 drawer sterlite dresser as my wet/dry, i need a drawer full.
im willing to pay, if the price is right.
i got my Danner-Mag today, so i need em kinda asap.

Madness

Staff member
Im just behind the Wallmart on Meridian. Just off of 160th. When do you want to?

AE86-Danny

madness said:
Im just behind the Wallmart on Meridian. Just off of 160th. When do you want to?
well i would personally like to get them asap.

i still need to buy some pvc elbows and joints and such too.

how much would you want for a drawer thats like maybe 12"x12"x6" ?

i think thats a good enough rough estimate of the drawers.

Zerc

I am curious, what is the advantage of bio balls over ceramic tubes? I have always used the tubes, but maybe I am doing it wrong?

AE86-Danny

Zerc said:
I am curious, what is the advantage of bio balls over ceramic tubes? I have always used the tubes, but maybe I am doing it wrong?

there is more surface area on these bio balls then there are on ceramic rings or tubes.
atleast that is what "they" say.

ceramic rings work just as good.
they only cost an arm and a leg to fill up a 12"x12"x6-8" box.

AE86-Danny

madness said:
How about 30 for $40.
sounds fair.
i might not need 30 of em tho, i might actually only need about 15.

i will shoot you a phone call or a text here in a bit, im drilling holes and such at the moment :)

Zerc

yea, i have an xp3 and an xp4, between them i have 4 "boxes" full. :(
(but those boxes are not 12x12x8!)

AE86-Danny

Zerc said:
yea, i have an xp3 and an xp4, between them i have 4 "boxes" full. :(
(but those boxes are not 12x12x8!)
exactly lol. those "trays" in the XP3 and XP4 are maybe... 1/3 the size of this drawer lol

Madness

Staff member
Its all a preference. You figure the best type of media is one that get great water flow through it. If you pack it with ceramic media, the water flow is more around the whole pile of it. (ever notice when you have the ceramic media in the bag laying in your AC110 HOB, the outside of the media is always dirty the inside media is clean). With the scrubbies, the water will flow through everything, therefore growing beneficial bacteria throughout the entire scrubbie. Bio-balls are decent also because they still allow for the water to flow through most of it fairly thoroughly. Scrubbies are cheap and cover much more surface area.

In 1 tray of my Fx5 I have 5 scrubbies, where as if I used ceramic, I would have close to 100.

Gryphon

I haven't been able to find the scrubbies myself, but I did something I read on another forum a while ago, and bought a 5 pack of small loofas from the dollar store. Cleaned them up good and plopped them in my grech canister.