Sad day in the Madness family

Madness

Staff member
Had some issues last night and this morning. Some of my tanks, (I believe) were sabotaged. :x I lost about 300 more fry. And the prize papa of all of your Hoga's. It is sad to see him just laying there. He is still moving his fin a bit and his gills are still moving, but he isnt. The little female just hovers above him and wont leave his side. :( It was not the wound that caused it. I have a pretty good idea what did. I just hope that it wasnt done to my 3 large tanks. Just in case I performed a 50%+ water change on all tanks today, and will do it again tomorrow.

I swear, can things get any worse? :no:

hbluehunter

Sorry for your loss, that Hoga male was amazing looking too.. :(
So did you lose all the fry you had too ??
I hope none of your other tanks were effected.. :(

Madness

Staff member
I believe 7 tanks in all. Only fish in 3 of them died. I saved a few of the juvies. My WC devils are also showing signs of stress. The Hoga fry were removed yesterday, they are fine for now. The other tanks are showing stressed fish, but nothing to bad.

czeiszler said:
Thats so sad. Sorry for your loss Madness. Kids can be very cruel when they are upset. :(
And then they look at you like, "what?" :x

Betty

Staff member
Oh my gosh, how heartbreaking. Poor fish. :cry:

I hope the others will be okay.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
czeiszler said:
Thats so sad. Sorry for your loss Madness. Kids can be very cruel when they are upset. :(
And then they look at you like, "what?" :x
Been there, I understand what its like with teenagers, mine is now 21 and he is finally starting to become human. Were we that bad as teens? We should all call our parents and ask, then apologize.

VsKitchen

That's so not cool...when is it ever okay to kill an innocent animal to exact revenge?! :evil:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you can save the rest. Good luck Madness!

sandnuka

Same thing happend to me.... my kid sis who was living with me got in a fight with me... I kept my discus tank in her room..... next day I went down to feed them and four were dead, the water was a deep dark brown.... think she poured her rum and cokes in it... :(

well, she moved out shortly after.... anyway, sorry for your loss man... good luck with the rest of them.

Jantilla

We might not be getting along right now madness but I do feel bad for you. I'm sure you love all the fish like I do and having somebody do something to them is wrong.

GilbertonFisher

How terrible! I'm sorry for your loss. It has got to hurt to see so much time, energy and dedication literally go down the drain :( I really hope that if they were sabotaged that person responsible feels enough regret to fess up. I'm really sorry to hear this...

Spyral

Madness, your son that I met or that neighbor kid that you were having issues with?

Either way, sorry to hear this.

Kaosu

sounds like someone deserves a good ass whooping !!!!!

Arg i cant even to begin what i would do if someone killed any of my animals to get back at me.....i might end up in jail for the night.

anyway Sorry for your loss!!!! :( hope things turn out for the rest of the fish.

Ew. Did you try moving the hog to different water? Like another tank? I had a silicone leaching issue with my 125 last year and thought I would lose all my fish. Moved them to a new tank and all were fine the next day.