PokeSephiroth's 15 Gallon Column Tank (Finished Setup)

theChad, Nyawwww... thanks :D I got fed up with taking pictures from my digital camera, after the batteries decided to die on me. LOL.

I got more close up shots of my 15 gallon tank. :D
theChad, I think you'll get a better kick out of this one :beer:
This video is dedicated to all of your WaFishboxians! . . . er... WaFishbox-ers... um. LOL. What do we call ourselves? :lol!: Anywho, onto the video!

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/7XuXzudPdSU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Betty, aw shucks! Thanks!! :) I hope you spotted some of your Albino BN Plecos in there! :) They're still growing, and I can't wait to find out if they're male or females! <3

Betty

Staff member
I did! I bet they love being in your tanks. I found more pleco eggs today. :shock: I wish they would just stop!

cichlid-gal

Great video....close up and personal. The shrimp climbing the driftwood in the beginning is wonderful. And I saw Betty's pleco too...what a nice looking little one. Your tank is beautiful. I read this whole thread but don't remember...are you running CO2 on this tank? and what type of filter?

cichlid-gal, thank you very much! :) Betty's BN plecos are so cute, I'm so glad that they're doing well in my tanks. There's three of them in the 15 gallon tank. I figured they would be fine in a small tank for now, ehehe

There might be a chance that you've read Lamental Jester's topic because he and I both have the same 15 gallon column tank, and we've been "competing" so to speak on who has the best one (mine being the far superior one, because it had pokemon decorations in it before! LOL!!) He also uses co2 in his tank, while mine does not.

As for the filter, I replaced the filter that came with this tank (It was an aqueon something or other HOB filter) with an Aquaclear 70 HOB Filter, and just placed a bunch of Seachem Bio-Matrix media in the filter instead of the foam block, and it seems to be doing very well at filtering and keeping ammonia/nitrites at 0, and nitrates at really low levels. The plants do a lot of the nitrate absorbing though, which is great! :D

Update: for anyone that's interested. Here's the most recent video of my 15 gallon tank. Enjoy.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/kIxy2V6xyPQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

A

Anonymous

Wholly WOW AngelOooo!! 1st, sorry I totally missed the 1st video, (don't ever get a windows phone- totally glitchy :/ ) . 2nd , I can't believe you took these videos with a PHONE, these are very sharp & totally tranquil.

Thanks for sharing :)

Washington fish boxŌnians * ;)

theChad, what? Whoa... I could've sworn you commented on my 1st video lol! Well, here it is, just incase you did miss it. :)
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/7XuXzudPdSU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

And thanks! Tranquil and Relaxing was totally what I was going for! :D

There's something about LED lights that I like when the water gets cloudy like this (I pulled some plants in my dirted tank, and did a water change, that's why it's cloudy, anyway...) I love how I can see the beams of light penetrating through the water column... kinda reminds me of when you can see the sun rays in the clouds, while the sun is setting. :)