Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

Madness

Staff member
Re: Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

MorganEA said:
Wow you take such great pictures!! and I love the Pleco!
Thank you. :) My favorite pleco will come up on tomorrow photos.

Madness

Staff member

lloyd378 said:
I have a hard time with the "P" word..... so I will start your sharing by showing everyone two fish that I got from you a few weeks back. both stunning and both a perfect way to introduce your unbelievable collection:
female umbee
005_zpsf251324f.jpg

piebald fen
011_zpse7cb8a0e.jpg

I hope you don't mind me photobombing your post, just thought this little appetizer might get everyone excited......
Your Umbee pair is looking awesome. :) The little Piebold aint half bad either. :)

MorganEA

I love plecos they are so interesting, how many kinds do you have?

Madness

Staff member

MorganEA said:
I love plecos they are so interesting, how many kinds do you have?
If I had to guess, Id say 20+ different types.

Gryphon

A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone. I've been there twice and both times I left jealous as hell :lol!: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Great pictures! Glad the polys showed up in them. Any issues with the bichir and plecos? Many things Ive read say not to mix because the plecos may get a taste for the slime coat and will go after the bichirs. Just curios because I want to keep my weeksii and rhino pleco together in the 210.

A

Anonymous

Nice maddness, I live vicariously through the display of your monster fish. I miss raising them & am saddened from my wife back peddling on the 300+ gallon tank we where supposed to put in our new home. I paid good $$$ to beef up our house for a large room dividing tank only to be shot down... Perhaps in the near future Ill be able to raise up some Dovii :)

Thank you for sharing!

Betty

Staff member

Gryphon said:
A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone.
I'll admit I was amazed!  Seeing them in person was much more impressive than pics or video.

Nice pics and thanks for including some of the Africans. :D

Madness

Staff member

Nobettername said:
Great batch of photos madness! Do you want any geophagus steindachneri fry?
Thank you sir. I may get some from you, I lost my pair a while back.

Gryphon said:
A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone. I've been there twice and both times I left jealous as hell :lol!: 
lol Thanks Gryphon, I appreciate that. :)

DMD123 said:
Great pictures! Glad the polys showed up in them. Any issues with the bichir and plecos? Many things Ive read say not to mix because the plecos may get a taste for the slime coat and will go after the bichirs. Just curios because I want to keep my weeksii and rhino pleco together in the 210.
Thanks D, No I have had no issues. There is plenty of room for all of them to coexist without issues. In fact I have seen all of them in my wood pile together scrambling for food.

theChad said:
Nice maddness, I live vicariously through the display of your monster fish. I miss raising them & am saddened from my wife back peddling on the 300+ gallon tank we where supposed to put in our new home. I paid good $$$ to beef up our house for a large room dividing tank only to be shot down... Perhaps in the near future Ill be able to raise up some Dovii :)

Thank you for sharing!
:) No problem Chad. :) I dated a girl for about 3 years but when she started saying that I would not be allowed to have any of my big tanks if we got married. :nutkick: out the door she went. Now I am not saying this for you and your wife. LOL it was much easier for me cause we were only dating, but maybe you and the wife should have another discussion about the once agreement you had. ;)

Betty said:
Gryphon said:
A trip to see Madness's tanks will amaze just about anyone.
I'll admit I was amazed!  Seeing them in person was much more impressive than pics or video.

Nice pics and thanks for including some of the Africans. :D
:D Thanks Betty, Cant remember how far back it was when you visited, but I am sure that there are more here now. LOL :D

pbmax

Beautiful fish, Madness! I think just about any fish you keep could eat all of my aquaria in only a couple of bites. :affraid: 

Madness

Staff member

cichlid-gal said:
Do you have any of these Madness?  Vieja synspilum?  Pics?
I had a beautiful 11" male Syn, but sold him about 3 weeks ago.  I do have 4 Melanurus that I am growing, they are ranging from 5"-7".  Supposedly, they have classified both the Synspilus and the Melanurus as the same species.  So now all of them are classified as a synspilus, even though there is a distinct difference in body shape and color.  Here are a couple pictures of the syn I had and the Mels that I do have.

Here is a couple of the Melanurus
20130822.jpg
" />
20130823.jpg
" />

Here is the big Syn
photob11.jpg
" />
synspi10.jpg
" />

Madness

Staff member

pbmax said:
Beautiful fish, Madness!  I think just about any fish you keep could eat all of my aquaria in only a couple of bites. :affraid: 
Thanks PB. :) If you ever get tired of raising the food :joker: :laughhard: , let me know, I have a home for them. :punk:

cichlid-gal

madness said:
cichlid-gal said:
Do you have any of these Madness?  Vieja synspilum?  Pics?
I had a beautiful 11" male Syn, but sold him about 3 weeks ago.  I do have 4 Melanurus that I am growing, they are ranging from 5"-7".  Supposedly, they have classified both the Synspilus and the Melanurus as the same species.  So now all of them are classified as a synspilus, even though there is a distinct difference in body shape and color.  Here are a couple pictures of the syn I had and the Mels that I do have.

Here is a couple of the Melanurus
20130822.jpg
" />
20130823.jpg
" />

Here is the big Syn
photob11.jpg
" />
synspi10.jpg
" />
Sorry Madness...I missed all the pics in your original post and thought we were waiting on pics...geez...move to the bottom of the posts Donna will ya? Ha

Anyway, great pics of all your guys but these I LOVE. Especially the Syn...the colors on those amaze me. The Melanurus seem more orange in the face or is that just a being young thing?

Madness

Staff member

:) LOL The Melanurus actually is more reddish/orange in the face and more orange throughout the rest of the body. Once they mature.

pbmax

madness said:
pbmax said:
Beautiful fish, Madness!  I think just about any fish you keep could eat all of my aquaria in only a couple of bites. :affraid: 
Thanks PB. :) If you ever get tired of raising the food :joker: :laughhard: , let me know, I have a home for them. :punk:
Haha, I'll keep that in mind. ;) :suspect: 

Gryphon

Always a pleasure to see your tanks, you should do a open house deal some day and have everyone come down and check them out.

Madness

Staff member

Gryphon said:
Always a pleasure to see your tanks, you should do a open house deal some day and have everyone come down and check them out.
We have a Cichlid group that was meeting once/month for a while there, but it has slowly died down so we have it once in a while now. But anyway, I had one of the meetings at my place, it was a great turnout, I think I had 20+ people stop by. Maybe our next Cichlid meeting will be at my place again. :)