Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

Madness

Staff member
Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

There have been a lot of you newbs joining us over the past week or so.  To that I say welcome. :) 

There is one thing that is bothering me though, I think there is a conspiracy. :suspect: :suspect:  I think you all are being recruited by the non-C&S American Cichlid gang. They have been trying since the inception of the fishbox :pale:  to over take us.:ibox: :whistle: :ibox:  We have had new shrimp people, (no I am not making fun of your height, unless you really are short) :laughhard: New plant people, (Roy? :suspect: ), new community fish people :sleep: :sleep: , and new African Cichlid people. :superpuke: :superpuke:   I havent seen any BIG cichlid newbs coming aboard.:?: :?: :?: 

So with that said, the Madness is going to show all you newbs what you are missing.  I just spent an hour plus taking 500 pictures, and as soon as my battery charges back up, I will be sorting through them and showing them off here.  I will also add some of my old favorites for those of you that have not been blessed. 8) 8)   So give me a couple hours to get it all going, so just kick back have a couple :drunk: and get ready. :cheers::affraid:  :cheers: :affraid:

MorganEA

Re: Pics of the Madness "A MUST SEE"

I would LOVE a large cichlid tank but I don't think they would like being squished into a tiny 40gal :p Ill stick with my rams and enjoy your pictures until I get out of school :D 

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

I've always been a big cichlid guy.... But it wasn't until I joined here a little over a year ago that I went from 100g to the 550g range so that I could house more of my favorites!

But I must admit that I am also a fan of the community fish, the Africans, the shrimp, and the plants( my fish crave all of these things in their diets.... Haha just kidding or). Anyway. Yes more sa/ ca fans need to join! Unless you believe in less is more

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I love nano tanks..... wait for it...:laughhard:  NOT!

My first love has always been large SA/CA cichlids. While I do like every tank and fish that is out there, the big fish always have a place in my heart. Cant wait to see the pics!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

:iagree:  Those guys have been pretty quiet.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

Please show me a tank full of adult Uarus.

Madness

Staff member

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Please show me a tank full of adult Uarus.
I dont have one. :suspect:  They are to mellow for my bullies,:violent:  though they are in future plans. :D 

Lamental Jester

I'm sure there are plenty of people that would love to keep large cichlids, however, some of us are limited on space, for example, a one bedroom forth floor apartment in downtown Seattle... we can't all have 4000 gallons worth of tanks ;)

MorganEA

No kidding Jester! don't you need extra support under the tank for that much weight?

Lamental Jester

well, I got a 75, 29, 20, 15, and 6.6 currently setup and so far so good. structural codes i believe require a pretty high weight capacity, like at least 2 tons, but I would be weary of setting up something like a 240 in here (if I can get it to fit that is, lol)

Madness

Staff member

MorganEA said:
No kidding Jester! don't you need extra support under the tank for that much weight?
Its all my tanks combined, not just 1, 4000 gal tank, and they are all on 4x6 shelves that I built for them in my garage on the concrete floor. So no extra support. :)

MorganEA

:lol!: I figured it wasn't one huge tank. I would love a garage to put tanks in but my dad is a mechanic and has taken over the garage :p 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

madness said:
Its all my tanks combined, not just 1, 4000 gal tank
That one is still in the works!

Gryphon

LMAO

Some day I will have a house and lots of tanks. Wife doesn't know this plan yet, but it'll happen :lol!:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Start now, just add a few more tanks until you have a large number, then replace each small tank with a bigger one. The wife will never notice.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member

Ok, ok..... Your battery must be charged by now! Lets see those updated pics.... Ill go take some of mine to add to them once you get it rolling

Madness

Staff member

There were so many pictures it took 30 minutes to upload to the computer, now I am going through them. Patience my friends, patience. ;)