Petco $1 per gallon sale again

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Not the greatest deal on the 10's since they can be found pretty cheap to begin. But really good deal on the 40B and 55g tanks

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Very much so but I can't have anymore tanks :/ I might even be pushing it with a 2.5 gallon lol but I was going to try anyways. I have 4 at home now for 135 gallons hehe Put they are taking up too much space that my boyfriend doesn't want taken up. He's talked about building them into the walls for me which I would LOVE!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
That's what I say! Between me and my roommate at my last living residence we had 12 in our house and that's not counting the 2 I still had at my parents haha :D Now I have 4 and pushing for a 5th for growing out LF bristlenose and putting a nano in my office soon at work.

iandraco

i picked up a 20L in spokane. i had an extra marine land glass top lying around. fits it perfectly. thinking of picking up 3 more and setting up another fry rack. we'll see.

cichlid-gal

Going hunting for a 55G tomorrow at our local Petco. It's going to go overtop of my 33G planted on a double stack planted tank/stand setup. I have Petco Pals rewards and coupons from Petco and with the $1 gallon sale I'll see where I end up. Thanks for the share and info DMD123

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I said we should post pics of our new Petco tanks so here goes.

Right next to my 72g bowfront which currently has 5 Australian rainbow and my four tiny heterospilus. The het's will go in the 40B and then I can get fish out of the 210g back into the bowfront.

We will need pics cichlid-gal....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
There are a ton of cool tank sizes out there that would be awesome for $1 a gallon. One of my favorites is the 38 gallon tank 36x12x19. And of course they should do 75g tanks!

cichlid-gal

DMD123 said:
OK, I said we should post pics of our new Petco tanks so here goes.

Right next to my 72g bowfront which currently has 5 Australian rainbow and my four tiny heterospilus. The het's will go in the 40B and then I can get fish out of the 210g back into the bowfront.

We will need pics cichlid-gal....
Nice setups DMD...love them. Where are the closeup shots of those rainbows? Wanna see wanna see!

As for the double stack I'm putting the tank before the stand. Pics will come as soon as we have things together ... but the stand still has to be built...sigh...another project....LOL.

Missgrumpygills

Here's my 20 H :D Just bought it today by the way... all plants are from fishNabowl's ROAK; going through all that star grass was very...fun hahah :spoton: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Hey at least yours is set up. I am still looking for gravel, a background and lighting. Great job getting a pic up! That will be a nice planted tank.

A

Anonymous

Missgrumpygills said:
Here's my 20 H :D Just bought it today by the way... all plants are from fishNabowl's ROAK; going through all that star grass was very...fun hahah :spoton: 
 :spoton: This is what Stargrass looks like after the RAGGY stage. Nice new set up Missgrumpygills !

Missgrumpygills

Nice :spoton: I'm sure it will look great in no time. It really was fun going through lol, I found a cute little corkscrew val. Whats that single longgg stem plant you sent?

iandraco

my petco 20L set up with my breeding pair of orange neolamprologus leleupi. before i get a bunch of warnings.......i used an established filter, water, and substrate from other tanks. instant cycle. painted the back of the tank a nice shade of blue. now the pics.