Petco $1 per gallon sale again

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
They are not advertised as being on sale in the ad, were they on sale in store?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So the new tanks they sell are made by Tetra. Anyone get one of these Tetra tanks? Ive heard some issues that the frame size is a bit different and that many were having issues with glass tops not fitting right.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well they had a glass top in stock for the 40B that fit so I had my wife pick it up. Not sure on brand of it at this moment. I guess the ones that had issues were the Aqueon brand with the Tetra tanks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The glass top they had in stock was a Tetra brand so it fit perfect. I did end up with a bad tank and had to run around to replace it. My wife picked up the 40B from the Lakewood store and they had two in stock, mine was picked because it was not all scratched up. Well between my wife and the sales person they did not notice that the glass was cracked near the top hidden by the frame. So I ended up calling two other stores and finally found it at the Tacoma Mall store. Exchange went smooth since I had my receipt. So I now have my 40B and I ended up getting a metal stand while I was there so Im ready to get some fish moved around.

Anyone else get a Petco tank this time around?

KaraWolf

Seriously wish they did this sale on the smaller tanks too. Been thinking about another 5 gallon so I can upgrade my last betta that and I accidentally bought a heater for a 5 and my 15 was destroyed for water in storage :/

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of us fishkeepers wish it also went BIGGER! At least up to a 75g tank.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! I think we should all post pics our Petco tank deals!

KaraWolf

the last tank I bought from a petco tank deal is the 40 breeder that houses our bearded dragon, she looks so tiny in it considering her whole body minus tail is only the length of my hand lol

jrmakawoody

Whats even better is if you wait for them to send you a coupon and use that WITH the dollar per gallon sale BOOM! Thats what I did with my 55 gallon. I think I paid like $50 total with tax.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I got my coupon after the fact so I will use it on some food or something else.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Glad it's until the 12th I think I'm going to try and score a 2.5 gallon if they have any! See what I can do with it :) I need to sell off some that I've got that just sit around that I'll probably never use. Boyfriend and mom don't like them cluttering up space  :whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The small tanks dont count, it starts at the 10g size. So no 2.5g in the deal.