Other Hobbies?

anderson_p_r

I was curious what other hobbies fishboxers are into. Now that we have our first child I think I'll have to cut back on some of mine. Just curious what the rest of you do for kicks.

I enjoy HiFi and collecting vintage audio equipment and knife sharpening when I'm not sticking my hand in a fish tank.

What's your vice?

KaraWolf

I make paracord bracelets, wish I could sell them but I suck at advertising. Id say I have other hobbies too but I don't currently do any of them cause I'm in school.

zach_discus

I show rabbits!! Its how I meet my fience and ended up in Washington. I'm also a ARBA licenced rabbit judge. We just had a show in Monroe yesterday.

Madness

Staff member
My other hobbies are not what they use to be thanks to a bad back.
Golf, Softball, Basketball, Skiing, Hiking, Camping all use to keep me busy

Up until this year I coached youth baseball, and I still coach youth bowling. That is about it these days. Wait, I do thoroughly enjoy playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Baseball.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
4x4ing (I own two land cruisers), golf, coaching (soccer and basketball), gardening, fishing/ crabbing, playing nba2k14 on the ps3, and fantasy football

And most importantly, my wife and two kids keep me the busiest.

Firespinning and other related Flow Arts/Performance Arts.
And recently, flying RC Helicopters. :D

I'll just leave these here:
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/tPHNrm_pYis[/flash]
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/X9VVoqWOYXU[/flash]
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/orhZEX7NI7s" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

master chi

Karate,I've been training 17 years,and have competed in tournaments all the while. a multi time state champion,and I've been on the U.S team as well.

I like to play Softball,and love winding down by playing Xbox360.I'm a pretty hardcore gamer,playing everything from Madden to Battlefield. my favorites are Forza Mototrsport,and any fighting game. Especially Dynasty Warriors,and Tekken

My newest hobby is playing HotWheels with my 21 month old son.I think I might enjoy it more than he does,but we already have around 100 cars,all bought within the last 5 months or so.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
There was another thread like this about a year back: http://www.wafishbox.com/t5426-anyone-have-other-addictions

But we do have a ton of new members that all need to get to know each other.

I love listening to music. I have a nice home theater set up but the real passion is a good two channel stereo listening session. If I had the money I would own a nice tube amp and probably listen on vinyl. But I enjoy my set up with CD's, Marantz receiver and Revel speakers.

Like I said I have a nice home theater set up so I am a major movie junkie. Right now just a 60" TV but maybe one day a projector.

I used to play around with RC cars but Ive been out of that for a few years now but may get back in one day....

I fly two line stunt kites but dont get out to the ocean as much as I like.

I used to love taking pictures but been just too lazy to break out the gear and go back at it.

Probably a ton of others things I forgot to mention.

KaraWolf

oooo DMD123 stunt kites are awesome XD I have 4 but only lines for one.....and propper handles are apparently hard to find when you're wandering around beach stores go figure >.<

I am also a dancing junkie! But don't get to do it nearly as often because my husband would rather watch tv/play games then listen to music. :(come on get your crazy dance on!

Nick_87

Well since I'm an out of control hobby junky I guess I'll chime in here. It seems just about every weekend of the year I am out doing something fun. Surfing (even in Washington) is one of my all time favorites. Second to surfing is all the rest of the watersports including free diving, wakeboarding, fishing, and scuba. I also like to Travel, Dirt bike, snowboard, paintball, and play basketball and lacrosse. I coach a high school lacrosse team and have recently go into snowmobiling in the past few years and its growing up there to the top of the list. If only it would snow enough to take my new monster out for a ride!!! I'm sure I'm missing a lot on my list too but I some how manage to find time to keep my fish even though they need more attention than they get. I'm not into gaming as much as I used to on my PS3 but now I'm addicted to League of Legends ;) BILL ;)  when I find the time to get on my computer and it is actually working.  If I only had more time and $$$ I would do it all haha!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
anderson_p_r said:
DMD123, do you have a modern or vintage Marantz?
Its modern but has a warm Marantz sound. In fact I bought an amp to try and pair with it and hated how bland it sounded. I have to say many of the new digital amps sound awful. I will take a good old class A/B amp any day over a digital.

Very cool turntable set up!

This is also a BUMP! Lets get more of us involved in getting to know each other.

Will I am

I like to shoot guns with any free time. Love cars. Love BBQ'in (BBQ'd twice in the last 7 days). 8oz curls (drinking beer). My favorite has to be spending time with my beautiful princess who just turned 5 in august.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Will I am said:
8oz curls (drinking beer).
 :beer: 
Have you considered going up a weight class and maybe try 12oz, 16oz, or 22oz?  :joker:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of reps with small weights is one method.  :D