OnTheROAD Episode #2 w/DMD123

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
dwarfpike said:
DMD123 said:
I saw that, well done you two!

Great video, except for the singer that made my ears bleed during the driving part. I'm guessing what looked like growouts are destined for the big tank?
Thanks!

The funny thing is, I dont live that far from madness but the video made it seem like a really long drive. The Imagine Dragons song did seem a bit shrilly....

The growouts are my Paraneetroplus heterospilus. I only plan on keeping one of them but will add all four so that the aggression form the big boys is spread out and no one fish gets picked on too much.

Madness

Staff member
dwarfpike said:
DMD123 said:
Hey Shawn,
We got a shout out from someone on MFK, on a post from a guy I had been talking to for a while about Pearsei.
I saw that, well done you two!

Great video, except for the singer that made my ears bleed during the driving part. I'm guessing what looked like growouts are destined for the big tank?
Which song was that? lol Honestly I channel surfed just to find a more to date song. LOL I should of just left it on my country station. ;)

And thanks for the kind words on the video. :)

dwarfpike

Oh no, I was talking about one of the best song writers but probably the single worst voice in human history.  :p That's why Kevin Smith wouldn't let her talk in Dogma.  :lol!: 

Oh nice, the P. heterospilus pics I've seen are of really pretty fish, not flashy, more subtle but still beautiful.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfpike said:
Oh no, I was talking about one of the best song writers but probably the single worst voice in human history.  :p That's why Kevin Smith wouldn't let her talk in Dogma.  :lol!: 

Oh nice, the P. heterospilus pics I've seen are of really pretty fish, not flashy, more subtle but still beautiful.
Im hoping my het's turn out something like these:

Likely in breeding dress, but these were from Rapp's like mine.

dwarfpike

See, those are absolutely beautiful!!!
drool+(1).gif

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
They are one of those fish that you dont often see and it should be a pretty good community cichlid for me.

Their common name is the Montecristo cichlid... (really it is)

dwarfpike

DMD123 said:
They are one of those fish that you dont often see and it should be a pretty good community cichlid for me.

Their common name is the Montecristo cichlid... (really it is)
Really? And probably just as hard to find as the sandwich now a days. At least a good, true, original one. The sandwich, not the fish.

cichlid-gal

Madness said:
I would definitely make a weekend of it.  Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone.  Donna?  :roll:roll:)
Sure Madness...so long as you film only my hubby or grandchildren. I hate photos or anything of me unless I'm hiding behind something...LOL. Maybe I can peek around the tanks...anyway, if you plan to come this way, let us know so we can calendar it. We have a committment in July for the GSAS picnic weekend (we are going to try to make that) but other than that (oh and the 4th of course) we are open all of July and the rest of this month.

MorganEA

Great videos!! You guys need to try live plants, the lower light plants hardly take any care. I just do my weekly water changes and that's it.

Betty

Staff member
Another enjoyable episode.

DMD, your tanks are so clean!  I didn't notice any algae on anything. How??

I'm one of those 50%-75% water changers.  :tongue:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Betty said:
Another enjoyable episode.

DMD, your tanks are so clean!  I didn't notice any algae on anything. How??

I'm one of those 50%-75% water changers.  :tongue:
Thanks Betty,

I tend to do multiple 25% changes with gravel vacs and mag float on the glass. Maybe once a month it gets a good cleaning where I pull the intake filter tubes out and scrub them down and then a 40% change then.

Madness

Staff member
Episode #3 will be out later this week.

This week I will be visiting another fishbox member, drd. :) Darrin has some large beautiful tanks. He recently had a Trimac go psycho on some fish so hopefully all is good by Thursday.

Looking forward to visiting another hobbyists realm.

Stay tuned.  :face: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
After his visit I felt like I didnt have enough fish tanks to film so I had to add another.  :whistle

Its just a 20L, but I will find something cool to put in it.

Looking forward to the next video!

MorganEA

I know you only like big fish but I think you need to film some planted tanks too Madness  :joker: :joker: 

Madness

Staff member
MorganEA said:
I know you only like big fish but I think you need to film some planted tanks too Madness  :joker: :joker: 
Well my dear, if you actually followed my posts,  ;)  you would have noticed, I mention every time {
Madness said:
Everybody is loving your tanks and fish 'D'.  And they are loving the series..  

Soon I will have my own radio show each week, so I will be somehow tying the series to the show on occasion.  

So now that you have seen a couple of them, who is next?  I dont care what you keep, I want to visit all types of hobbyists.  

Let me know.  I can get it worked into the schedule.  Id like to hit a few more local before venturing way out there.  When I say local, at least within an hour or so from my place.  
}  

So bring on the other goodies.   :joker: ;) :joker:

Madness

Staff member
Just have to let me know. I would love to hit a well done African hobbyist and a planted tank hobbyist, also love to see those dwarfs. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
MorganEA said:
Looks like only the big fish-keepers are stepping up.  :D 

Where are all the others hiding? Some of you guys have stunning planted tanks....