OnTheROAD Episode #2 w/DMD123

Madness

Staff member
Hello Fishboxers.   :cheers: 

I had the absolute pleasure of visiting DMD123 yesterday, and filming and taking pictures.  After about 100 pictures I got about 12 that turned out nicely.  As you get into the video a ways you will hear me mention that I had the video on pause, yea that really sucks because I did and we missed the best parts of the Hairy Puffer. :(  :x 

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed visiting with DMD and video taping his beautiful tanks and fish.  So, who's next.  I heard that Drd wanted to be, anyone else?  

Hold onto your hats, here is D's fish:  

p1140110.jpg
" />
p1140111.jpg
" />
p1140112.jpg
" />
p1140113.jpg
" />
p1140114.jpg
" />
p1140210.jpg
" />
p1140115.jpg
" />
p1140116.jpg
" />
p1140117.jpg
" />
p1140211.jpg
" />
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/-6W4oHNwhls" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
This guy has to have the fattest Pearsei Ive ever seen. Oh wait thats mine...  :D 

Was fun having you come over and check out the fish and tanks!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out the paused part that was cut was the best part. It was the puffer chowing down on a big shrimp. Sorry you guys missed that. Quite a sight to see these guys feed.

After watching the video, I realized I should put a light under my stand so that it would be easier to see down there. I probably keep it dark so you cant see my rats nest of wires and NO drip loops!  :lmfao: 

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Nice work. Spread the word on this series, it's really interesting.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Enjoyed the video! For some reason the sound cut out with fiveinutes to go both times I tried to watch it. Going to try to watch the ending on something other than my phone! Love porkchop and rainbow bright! Noticed that rainbow is displaying more black in his sides than I remember.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
lloyd378 said:
Enjoyed the video! For some reason the sound cut out with fiveinutes to go both times I tried to watch it.   Going to try to watch the ending on something other than my phone!  Love porkchop and rainbow bright!  Noticed that rainbow is displaying more black in his sides than I remember.
I dont know if it was all the stress or what but the regani has a lot of black in it. Pretty normal as far as color goes but I liked what it was like when I first got it. Very happy with 'rainbow Bright' in the 210g! Thanks again Lloyd for the awesome fish! The Isletas is all yours when your ready. By the way he is named and you have to keep it. He is named 'Heed'. But you have to say it with a Scottish accent. With its head hump being big it just reminded me of the movie 'So I Married an Ax Murderer'
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/IqycJpRdVaY" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Madness

Staff member
Everybody is loving your tanks and fish 'D'. And they are loving the series..

Soon I will have my own radio show each week, so I will be somehow tying the series to the show on occasion.

So now that you have seen a couple of them, who is next? I dont care what you keep, I want to visit all types of hobbyists.

Let me know. I can get it worked into the schedule. Id like to hit a few more local before venturing way out there. When I say local, at least within an hour or so from my place.

cichlid-gal

Tom...a visit to you (or I or any other eastsider) would be a video of nothing but "ROAD" and Madness "driving, driving, driving, driving, getting closer, closer, closer, almost there, almost, almost, oh dang, missed the turn, geez this is the boonies!".  And viewers saying "Are we there yet, are we there yet?"

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Time for you, madness, to buy an RV for those eastside trips..... You could even put a betta hotel in it to take some friends with you!

I've loved big videos so far and am anxiously waiting to see Donna and toms tanks!

In fact, when I was in Moses lake two weekends ago, I also stopped by.. Haha

cichlid-gal

lloyd378 said:
Time for you, madness, to buy an RV for those eastside trips..... You could even put a betta hotel in it to take some friends with you!

I've loved big videos so far and am anxiously waiting to see Donna and toms tanks!

In fact, when I was in Moses lake two weekends ago, I also stopped by.. Haha
You should have...really!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Im picturing a super long video of madness losing it and singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall.  :joker: 

Madness

Staff member
I would definitely make a weekend of it.  Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone.  Donna?  :roll:roll:)

Wasn't DMD123 supposed to be naked in this interview? Tsk tsk... I was looking forward to that.  :lol!: 

Oh hey! Those platties sure do look familiar!  :whistle

Great video, nontheless! Keep it up, Madness. You're doing a great job with these. Let us know when you plan on making a trip over to Kitsap. I'm sure there are other fishboxers here, including myself that would love to be a part of this project.

Madness

Staff member
I wont just arbitrarily head over, I need someone over there to want to do it.

All of you peninsula hobbyists, give me a shout. I could hit a few of you in one day. But you have to let me know that you want to do it, then we will set up a date and time. :)

dwarfpike

DMD123 said:
Hey Shawn,
We got a shout out from someone on MFK, on a post from a guy I had been talking to for a while about Pearsei.
I saw that, well done you two!

Great video, except for the singer that made my ears bleed during the driving part. I'm guessing what looked like growouts are destined for the big tank?