New 90 gal FOWLR set up

lilfishie

So I added some snails and dwarf blue legged crabs last tuesday. Water parameters are looking good so far.
I got the anemone yesterday. And I have to say, against my better judgement, because I dont know if I can trust the water parameters not to change, I acclimated him to the 90. He was fine last night. He was wandering a little last night so hope I can find him when I get home. I will keep an eye on the water parameters and him, make sure I dont see any changes or stress in him.

lilfishie

Essentially moved it from someone elses tank. It is a green bubble tip, supposedly that morphed. It has really tiny pink tips. I posted pics in the "anemone" forum.
It actually looked healthier in the tank last night that it does in the pics

lilfishie

Hes doing good considering.
I woke up sunday morning to find he had shape shifted himself thru the slots in the side of the power head and was getting chewed up by the impeller. I unplugged it and took the power head apart. He was in the front cover, so I set him and the cover on some rocks out of the flow and he slowly pulled himself out of it. About a third of him was chewed up. Luckily not his mouth or his foot. He found a spot sunday night and settled in it. He is pretty much healed up already. I added a few drops of iodine to the tank. Maybe it helped, maybe it didnt, but it didnt hurt. Anyway, that drama is overwith for now. I hate it when they do that.

Llovsbarbie

oh this is beautiful! I love how detailed your post were and how you added pictures. I plan on setting up a larger and would like to see if I can find one cheap on CL and fix it up. Cant build no stand myself, but painting or sanding etc wouldn't be to hard for me ;)

lilfishie

Okay, an update. Had a bryopsis out break, got things cleared up

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

DSC06165.jpg

dawgwe1

What did you use to clear up the outbreak you had? Ordered my rock today so hopefully next weekend I can get my tank set up.....

lilfishie

dawgwe1 said:
What did you use to clear up the outbreak you had? Ordered my rock today so hopefully next weekend I can get my tank set up.....
I pulled the worst rocks out and scrubbed them off in water from the tank while doing a water change, turned the lights off for a week on the DT, added macro and a light to the sump and increased the magnesium level. Its not completely gone but hopefully it will be soon. I turned the lights back on for a short period. I dont have coral that needs a lot of light in it, so I didnt have to worry about that.

lilfishie

A few new occupants to the 90. Added a few emerald crabs.
4 blue head chromis. They are sooo cute. I have the lights off so as to not stress them while acclimating them. They were hiding for a while. Started venturing out not too long ago.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

A new Tube Anemone
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

And An Urchin, Hes kinda like a tuxedo urchin, but he is purple and white.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]