New 90 gal FOWLR set up

lilfishie

I am picking up a 90 gal tank this weekend and setting it up as a FOWLR tank. Actually there may be some soft coral like mushrooms and leathers if the fish don’t eat them. And a couple Anemone's
It will take a while to get it set up since I am going to paint the stand and I have to move another tank that is in the place I am going to put the 90.
Currently my fish selection is a
1 Sebae Clown (She is currently in my 54 gal tank)
1 Powder Brown Tang
1 Red Tail Triggerfish
3 Neon Blue Damselfish
1 Dwarf Angel Fish of some kind
1 Sand sifting Goby of some kind.
And of course a clean-up crew. Snails and crabs, mini brittle stars and limpets.

I will post progress pics.

lilfishie

Well I picked up the 90 gal tank, stand, light, sump, skimmer, rock and other equipment today. The stand is getting painted black before it gets set up.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

icer711

love the last thank where did you get it :whistle: j/k gonna look nice i love paint the back black i think it makes everything look better :D

sandnuka

Cant wait to see it up and running! You still have room in that house for more tanks!! amazing! Im envious

lilfishie

Actually, no.....I will have to move the 34 first to put the 90 in place, but I have room in the 75 for the pair of clowns and the goby and room in the 54 for the tailspot blenny and the black strip chromis. Once the new tank is set up my sebae clown in the 54 will be going into it. After it has cycled. I will be leaving the 34 up and running untill the 90 is ready just because I dont have anyplace for my RBTA until the 90 is ready. So I have time to move everyone around.

lilfishie

Well I got my 35 gal RSM moved today. The black clown fish have been acclimated to the 75 gal tank. So far there is no problem between them and the orange clowns.
The stand and tank are painted and ready to set up. I need to clean the sump and the inside of the tank before setting it up.
Here it is.
DSC06112.jpg

DSC06113.jpg

lilfishie

Plan is to have the stand and sump set up by the end of the week. I want to set the tank on it this next weekend, put the sand in and start filling it with water.

lilfishie

Well the stand is up and the tank is on the stand. Tomorrow the sand goes in, the some water and rock. Yippee, its on its way :D
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

lilfishie

unconv-reefer said:
Very nice, I like the stand too

but I would turn your chair around so you can watch the tank :D
I will have to get you a picture of my family room. I have two more tanks in that room. The couch is a lazy-boy recliner and I recline in it when I sit in it and it reclines to the point where the tank is right over my head and I can see the whole thing. Just to the left and in front of the couch is the 75 gal and in front of the couch about 12 feet is the 54 gal. So I can see them all!