New 90 gal FOWLR set up

lilfishie

I'm excited. I will have it almost full tonight. I dont want to fill it all the way, cuase I am going to be moving rock around and dont want to be spashing water over the edge. When I get the rock set and stable I will fill it to the top and hook up the plumbing and sump.

unconv-reefer

How are you planning the rockscape, just laying them on each other or drilling and putting rods in, glueing. Just curious

It doesn't matter the water level anytime we move the rocks we all get WET :p

lilfishie

I know I will get wet. When it comes to me and water, I get WET! I cant even wash my coffee cup out without getting soaked. I was actually hoping to not get the carpet wet.

I have epoxy that I will be epoxying some of the rocks together, but not all of them. I want to be able to pick them up and take them out if I ever need to.

unconv-reefer

I can understand that all of the above, should be fun doing the rockscaping, looking forward to my next one where I can take my time w/out worrying about getting the animals back in.

Have fun

Spyral

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll do a FOWLR tank for the 75. I want some fish that are not reef safe and would hate to just make my corals a buffet..lol

lilfishie

A lot of your NON reef safe fish will not eat leather corals or mushrooms and such. Most of them are charactorized as non reef save because they eat stoney polyped corals or small polyps/zoanthids and then some because they eat invertabrates too. Check them all out. I am going to try to put some of my soft coral, mushrooms and my sea whip in the 90.

Spyral

I have a lot of polyps/zoos in my 25..but the 75..I may just do shrooms and leathers along with some non-reef-safe fish.

lilfishie

Okay, so I have the rock where I want it.
I am setting up the sump and plumbing this weekend and should have it running by sunday night. Got plans out of the house saturday morning, so I wont get started till late.
It definately looks better in person. The rock in the center is 18" long 12" tall and 6" wide and weights 30lbs. Its a piece of Tonga Branch. Really nice looking rock in person.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

lilfishie

Its going to be a while before there is fish in it. I want to make sure the cycle is done first. Tossed a piece of raw shrimp in last night along with a sponge filter from my reef tank.
I'll keep doing water tests for a while and make sure the water is stable first.

lilfishie

Thanks all. It took me a couple three days to get it like this. It will probably get changed just a little. The single rock sitting just to the left of middle will be replaced with my squamosa clam. He is getting too big for the 75. That will free up some room for MORE CORAL :D