My new 'little' project - Paraneetroplus heterospilus

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Man, he’s a slow grower!!!! Or maybe he just looks small next to your massive bichirs and pork chop
I think he is full grown at this point maybe about 8+ inches. But it has grown painfully slow. Largest poly is only abut 18 1/2 inches and Porkchop a little over 14 inches. All guess sizes, with me of course always under estimating, lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Sad day... had to put the het down. Came back from a weekend away and the poor thing couldn’t keep upright. Not surewhat was going on with it. Only about 5 years old and measured in at 10 1/2 inches.

35jmmwy.jpg
35jmmwy.jpg

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Aww, sorry to hear that. Are the other fish doing okay?

Thanks Betty. No idea what happened but of course feel guilty because I went to Ocean Shores for the weekend and I wasnt around to watch or fix the issue sooner. I had done a normal water change before I left and everyone looked fine.

All the other fish look good and are acting normal. Porkchop does not seem phased by it. I thought being solo cichlid that she might panic but all seems well with her.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thanks Betty. No idea what happened but of course feel guilty because I went to Ocean Shores for the weekend and I wasnt around to watch or fix the issue sooner. I had done a normal water change before I left and everyone looked fine.

All the other fish look good and are acting normal. Porkchop does not seem phased by it. I thought being solo cichlid that she might panic but all seems well with her.

Bullet Proof Pork Chop! God love her.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss. It's always sad when we lose anything that we love.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, sorry to hear that!

Do you have plans to add any tankmates

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, sorry to hear that!

Do you have plans to add any tankmates
I was pretty bummed about it.... didn’t hit me hard until I was at a store looking for a ‘replacement’ fish and realized what was going on. I had so matter of factly went about putting the fish down, I didn’t even realize how much the fish had really ment until I was trying to find something else.

Anyway I am looking for something else and considering downsizing the polys too. I feel like I want just three polys and maybe a catfish of some sort with them. Then maybe a datnoid or something else to add towards the middle and top area.

FishBeast

Sad day... had to put the het down. Came back from a weekend away and the poor thing couldn’t keep upright. Not surewhat was going on with it. Only about 5 years old and measured in at 10 1/2 inches.

35jmmwy.jpg
35jmmwy.jpg
Just saw this. Have been away again... I am so sorry for your loss brother!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Those Oscars are starting to get beat up, not sure you will want them....

And if you get rid of that one poly I want, please keep me in mind

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and porchop might like some large sized Congo tetras.... I love my two and am getting some new ones this weekend.....

I don’t think I have any fish that would be good with pork chop as both the hoga and my male festae are getting bigger and are now picking on the much larger Oscars

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again for the kind words. I do miss the het, it had a good personality.

I added two bala sharks to the tank and they are a good addition.

Sorry Lloyd, been busy and forgot to get back with you. I will have some time after this weekend.