My fish room and new 300 gal aquarium

Madness

Staff member
fishman09 said:
awesome. when does the store open?
Soon. :) lol Zonatus have about 3000 fry swimming, the Cubans are about to spawn, Hogas are close (hopefully), my WC male devil is about to spawn with my WC blue barred female, Dovii have fry, Hartwegi's are getting reacquainted and it looks promising, Blue/red head Fenestratus are about to spawn. Have RTM, Umbee, Hoga, fry all ready to go.

On the African side, (yes the African side) I have Ruby red peacocks ready to go, and Christmas Fulu just spit out 30 fry. Oh and may have a 100 or so Jewel Cichlids. I think thats it. And Brichardi fry various sizes. :D

Nick_87 said:
you should hook me up with your connections. :whistle:
If I gave out my connections, then they wouldnt be connections any more. ;)

Madness

Staff member
I have finally started re-doing the fish room. I am in the process of expanding, and turning the entire garage into my fish room. I Temporarily put the 300gal in the middle of the the main area so that I could put a bunch of the fish in it while I remodel the smaller side of the garage. Here are a few pics of the process.

2012-06-08_19-06-28_352.jpg

2012-06-13_16-10-09_995.jpg

2012-06-13_16-09-57_683.jpg

2012-06-14_12-57-00_59.jpg

2012-06-14_12-57-24_453.jpg

2012-06-14_12-56-46_662.jpg

Should have the exterior wall rocked tomorrow, and all of it taped a muded. The 2nd and 3rd photos show the wall with the rock removed, while the last 3 photos show it rocked again. I plan on cutting the sheet rock out in the area where you see the back of the rock. This will give me another walk way into the other part of the fish room. The area that you see in the photos will soon be where I set up my 400gal. That 120 will come out and the 400 will sit smack dab in the middle of the room. More photos tomorrow.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Wow, I have never seen that corner empty before! :joker:

Looking forward to seeing the new fish room/store!

Madness

Staff member
Almost ready to move in the 400 gal. I have completed the drywall, and taping. Painted walls with primer. Just completed putting together my LED lighting. Now I am trying to design a way to hang them so that they can be raised and lowered, for when the garage door is open or shut. I completed cutting open the door way from the old fish room, into the new.

Tomorrow I will be relocating the fish in my 120 acrylic, moving it out of the way and bringing in the stand for the 400. Then I will install the wet/dry. Then install the tank and complete the plumbing. Hopefully have water in it by tomorrow this time. My garage floor drops at a pretty good slope, so leveling out a stand that size could be interesting.

The first 3 are of the area where the 400 will go. Looking through the doorway into my existing fish room:
2012-06-19_19-57-58_556.jpg

2012-06-19_19-40-40_983.jpg

2012-06-19_19-40-32_871.jpg

These last 2 are looking from the existing fish room into the area where the 400 will go.
2012-06-19_19-42-59_951.jpg

2012-06-19_19-42-44_84.jpg

aquaman95

Looking good :spoton: If you keep on your game then in the next few years it will not be so hard to find "rare" cichlid's up here you will be supplying the rarities to us hobbiest's like they are convicts lol....Great job man the dedication you have can not be matched.

Madness

Staff member
Finished hanging the light today and installing a pulley system to raise the light when I want to open the garage door. This weekend i need to cut some shims to level out the stand. In 4' the floor drops 1". The way I placed the stand, I will have 2' or more all the way around the tank for viewing from all sides. Also the tank will be low enough to where I can watch them from above also. :)

I will be at a baseball tournament all weekend, so I am done till Monday. At which time I will shim the stand, place the tank in place, and install the wet/dry refugium. Also need to install a light under the stand for the plants that will grow inside the refugium.

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Madness

Staff member
I am looking for a certain type. I have to do a lot of research on what will work best.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Wow that is looking good! Cant wait to see the results! (In person of course)

Bassman42

OMG Shawn, I thought you would be farther along. LOL. I thought that your garage would be setup like a LFS, with fry on one wall in your smaller tanks, and all the large parent community tank across from them on the other wall. BTW I'm still interested in the 4" 120.

Madness

Staff member
Well with my back and knee issues, it takes a bit (a lot):) longer to do some things. Not to mention my son and his baseball tournaments. Should have tank in place tomorrow and plumbed into the wet/dry