My fish room and new 300 gal aquarium

Madness

Staff member
A few more pics showing progress. I should have the door wall painted by this time tomorrow, and beginning to build my tank shelf on that wall. I will be putting my 135 gal on top and 2- 55gal on the bottom. Then all I have left is to tie the 2 walls together at the corner. (which sits directly in the center of my two 55's. So I need to relocate them, before I finish. I think by next weekend I should have the room completely inclosed.

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]\

Here is a pic of my new RTM pair. The female is beautiful. I just had to show you all.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Madness

Staff member
OK. So all of the walls are up and rocked. Since the last post I have rocked, mudded, painted and built the table for either one of my 135's. I will be finishing the mud on the remaining 2 walls tonight, sanding tomorrow and hopefully painting tomorrow. Then I am going to build a table/stand that will be 8 1/2' long by 32" deep, directly across from my 300 & 210. This will be for another tank in the future. Hopefully one that is 96" x 24/30" x 30". But thats in the future a ways. Then its time to clean up everything, put all the tools away, and put down the indoor/outdoor carpet, and then install my air system that will supply all the tanks from 1 pump.

Looking for a good, fairly new and inexpensive dehumidifier if any of you have one and are looking to unload it. Or if you know of where to get one. There is a few on CL I may check out next week.

Its amazing, the temp in the garage this morning was 47 degrees. In the fish room, just on the other side of the wall, was 65 degrees. Thats one of the main reasons for the room. :punk: Looks like its paying off already. :)

Here are some updated pics. Still a bit messy.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Ashley

Awesome! Looking good! Now that we have moved into a house we put all the tanks in the garage and we have to leave the door to the inside to pretty much heat up the garage, going to get a little pricey. Although we don't park the cars in the garage so there is no opening and closing the garage door to the outside! My bf is going to insulate up in the rafters so that will help a lot!

Nice work! and love the red terrors

Madness

Staff member
Here is are some updated pics of the 300, and its inhabitants.

Close up
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Grammode 8"
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Hoga 10"
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Texas 10"
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Kraussi 10"
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
Tank from a distance
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
And a pic of the Festae
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Ashley

Nice! I don't like cichlids at all but yours are my favorite for sure! Maybe I just don't like africans!!!

Madness

Staff member
Thanks Ashley and Aaron. I have completed the room, painted all walls, and built my stands. So now I need to get my 135 set up and cycled. (for what? not sure yet) I also will be hanging pvc pipe for my air system to the tanks. Will take some updated pics tomorrow.

Madness

Staff member
Time to catch you all up on the room. I have completed the walls, and painted. Completed the tables for the tanks, still have to put down the indoor/outdoor carpet, and will be installing the piping for the air system for the tanks. But all-in-all, the room is complete and i have right now a 300, 210, 125 x 2, 135, & 120 in it. The empty table you see in the pics is the future home to my 400+ tank. I want a custom acrylic built, and if I eventually do, it will be 526gal.

I have also got to install the 300gal water tank that I am using for water changes, pipe it and get the pump installed.

While taking pictures of the room, I also took some pictures of some of my little aquatic friends. Some that you have already seen, and some of my new additions. I will post these pics in the show-n-tell section. You've got to check them out. Awesome pictures of my new Festae, my Dempsy/flowerhorn hybrid,(this fish is really looking sweet), my unknown pike and my sand eating Rhytisma. Plus others.

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Madness

Staff member
Thanks Larry & Censeoflife. It was a fun project. I only wish that my garage was larger, so that I could have made the room larger. :( Thats OK though. I am looking to add on in the future, so I am really contemplating adding onto the back of the garage. My house has an odd design. I could add on to the back another 140 sq ft room. 280sq ft if I add a second floor. But thats in the distant future.

Madness

Staff member
Well its time to update and expand the fish room project. Since my last entry, I have added 8 x 40 gallon breeders w/ 6 of them on a breeding/fry rack all filtering through 1 wet/dry filter. A stack 75 gallon rack with 2 x 75gal. And have recently picked up a 300 gal and 400 gal that will be up and running soon.

So I am going to turn the entire garage into my fish room. I need to insulate 2 more walls and throw up some drywall, then paint. The 400 will be my new grow out tank, and my current grow out tank will become a breeding tank.

Took some rough pics of the rest of the garage as it looks now. Will post before pics soon, then soon after will post the after pics.

Nick_87

wow, where do you keep getting your large tanks. i have been looking around and its hard to find anything over 125 or 150?

fishman09

sounds like some big things are happening in the madness fishroom. cant wait till i can get up there and see it.