March Northwest Aquarium Swap Meet - New Thread!

Ali

Lots of cool stuff here, all sorts of neat stuff on the free table. If you see someone with long hair and a parrot necklace that's me. Come say hi, I'd love to put faces to usernames!

Great time seeing all you all there! Now it's my time to impersonate Jimmy Fallon.....

Thank you Ali, Sue, & Brenda, for helping with the registration table. You are wonderful to help!
Thank you, Keman, for sponsoring the ''Free" table, and for you and your family manning it the entire swap!
Thank you who donated to the "Free" table jar. Keman got his $15 back!
Thank you, Josh, for helping me and so many others carry stuff in and out of their cars and trucks.
Thank you, Brenda, for helping me unload and reload my truck.
Thank you, Cory, for bringing me the Finnex light and the pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus, Moliwe.
Thank you, Aaron Feeney, for bringing me the lily.
Thank you, Kong, for trading plants with me.
Thank you, McKenna, for the gift of the beautiful sketchings of the betta and the royal pleco.
And finally...
Thank you, Fishboxers, for an enthusiastic turnout!

emmynk

It was awesome seeing you all! I'd say it was a great success. A little sad that it'll be another 3-4 months!!

Betty

Staff member
Thank you, Ron, for putting these swaps together. I couldn't stay long, but it looks like there was a good turnout.

Cory, I'm disappointed that you didn't have any lights. :(

Madness, my cat won't leave that tank stand alone. He's been checking it out, inside and out and is now resting comfortably on top of it. :)

Holy moley, Cory! I put the pair of P. taeniatus in my community which houses my robust widowed female and within 2 minutes she was strutting her stuff to him with some of the most gorgeous purple/violet coloration I've ever seen on a fish! He quickly developed his pastel pink/lavender hue and strutted his stuff back at her! We went to dinner and upon return we find both of them in a cave! Thanks again for bringing them down to me!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Betty said:
Cory, I'm disappointed that you didn't have any lights. :(

To be fair, I did ask in the thread if anyone had any requests and to place orders so that I could bring them. I did deliver lights and fish and frozen goods etc to people who pre-ordered. Most likely next time I'll bring lights. At this moment I didn't have enough lights to stock the store and bring lights because the new model is going to come out, no point in stocking up on 5,000 dollars more in lights when a new model is coming out in a monthish.

Betty

Staff member
Sorry, I must have missed that -- I posted that I was interested in the Finnex Stingrays, but I didn't give you any specific sizes or anything. I'll have to try to make it up to your store. Will those still be in stock or have they changed those as well?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Stingrays are in stock and not changing. It's the planted plus models that we may be switching out for the 24/7 model. Not 100% on that yet :)

Traded a light fixture for this shibby Himalayan Rock Salt Lamp!!
Got some plants too, I hope I don't kill them hahaha! :)

(Do people still use the word shibby? Whatever. I'm making it a thing again!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 73

emmynk

whtknightgdhart said:
scored a 20g tank, filterw/uv and set up a guppy breeder tank, just need a heater! all under $30.00, can't wait for the next one!!

Hey that's my tank!! Looking good!!

KaraWolf

Pretty happy with myself. After sales I managed to only spend a dollar lol note for next time I get a table. the middle of the room is so NOT where I want to be. Impressed with my ability to actually hold more then one or two conversations this time round, volunteering at the humane society is good for something more then just experience hours. Good seeing everybody!!!

jettej

Thanks Ron for being so nice and organizing the event and also for that 2 adult BN plecos!! they are happy in my 15gal column.

I also found the pleco I wanted (L183) From Carl. He also had gorgeous plants that motivated me to save up and set up a Planted Co2 infused Tank!!! Bought some plants as well.

And, thanks everyone for making it happen! Will be on the next meet for sure!!! See ya'll next time!!

Pleco Jim

This was my first meet and i didnt know what to expect. i was very happy w the turnout. and even tho really small i found several things to add to my collection of stuff and things. lol. i cant wait for the next one. i would like to be more involved w the next one also. My wife enjoyed working the door and even tho she isnt the biggiest fan of my aqua hobby she was happy she went. thanks to everyone who put effort and helped w the meet. I WOULD LOVE TO RUN A BBQ GRILL AT THE NEXT ONE. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help get the next meet set up. Thanks again.