Love at First Sight - Spotted Congo Puffer

FishBeast

I remember we laid out all my XL shirts from SE asia and the range was insane!
Exactly. Even the same 2 shirts sometimes from a store labeled the same size can be different! I think the labels are just "suggested fit" hahaha

FishBeast

I am sad to say that our little puffer passed away recently. She was active and sprightly up until the end. I did notice her belly had seemed asymmetric for a while but had always assumed it was food. I didn't have the heart to do a necropsy. We were in mourning for a week. Hit my wife pretty hard too as the puffer was her companion when she was in the laundry room doing stuff... We had a viewing for a couple of days. I buried "ChiChi" near the patio in her can of krill with a rock and her favorite piece of driftwood as a grave marker. :( She is still missed.

Cole

I am sad to say that our little puffer passed away recently. She was active and sprightly up until the end. I did notice her belly had seemed asymmetric for a while but had always assumed it was food. I didn't have the heart to do a necropsy. We were in mourning for a week. Hit my wife pretty hard too as the puffer was her companion when she was in the laundry room doing stuff... We had a viewing for a couple of days. I buried "ChiChi" near the patio in her can of krill with a rock and her favorite piece of driftwood as a grave marker. :( She is still missed.

:( Sorry to hear that, Beast. She definitely lived a great life while you had her. It's never easy to say goodbye to our favorite fish, or any pet for that matter.

FishBeast

:( Sorry to hear that, Beast. She definitely lived a great life while you had her. It's never easy to say goodbye to our favorite fish, or any pet for that matter.
Thank you @Cole for your kind words! I did not expect to feel as much sadness as this (felt more than when my dog died a few years ago). Hope you're doing well!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
So sorry for the loss @FishBeast..... its really tough when its a puffer. They are such outgoing little things with huge personalities. I know tears would be shed if I lost my little hairy puffer, it has become more a part of the family than even the cichlids.

FishBeast

T
So sorry for the loss @FishBeast..... its really tough when its a puffer. They are such outgoing little things with huge personalities. I know tears would be shed if I lost my little hairy puffer, it has become more a part of the family than even the cichlids.
Thank you @DMD123 , I really appreciate it! You’re absolutely right.

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry my eulogy was lacking now I re read it haha . All mine died too (pea puffers) but that was just my own neglect of them really.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
It's always difficult to lose a friend, no matter what species, and pets occupy a special place in our hearts. Sorry for your loss.