Let's Talk About Fish Food

sandnuka

Thinking I might put together a group buy from a excellent fish food place.... keep an eye out in the group buy section if your interested.

Adonijah

Selling one packet 1/2lb of Sinking pellet Brine Shrimp and 1/2 packet of sinking pellet spirulina from Kens.. I got a lot of these large pellets. I only need one bag not two. Depending on how far you make me drive it will be anywhere from $3(If you came to my apartments in kent!) to $10 if you make me drive my pos-valve-adjustment-needing car!

Madness

Staff member
TerenceH said:
Adonijah said:
TerenceH said:
I WANT SOME SAMPLES!!! :)
Oh you want freebies? So do I :p
No... I ordered... :) :bounce:
Terance, I got you the 3 items you asked for, $12. As for the samples, there is no cost. I sent in a request for some free samples with the order and he sent about a dozen different items in sample bags. Adonijah and myself spent 100$+ so we each took 3 of what we wanted. There are still 5-6 bags of somethings left.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
There are still 5-6 bags of somethings left.
Save me something when I pick up my stuff! Anything in a large sinking pellet type that a omnivore pleco would like.

Adonijah

DMD123 said:
madness said:
There are still 5-6 bags of somethings left.
Save me something when I pick up my stuff! Anything in a large sinking pellet type that a omnivore pleco would like.
Look at the post I made, both bags are labeled with best for bottom feeders. I paid $2.50 each. If you come to my neck of the woods, dennys by 167 in Kent. I'll practicly give them away at $3.00 each. They are half lb bags. Awesome deal for $6.

Lemme know :) I may put them up on CL sayin I paid all this shipping for it and jack the price up, hahaha

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I am not going to be in your neck of the woods for awhile. I am just looking to see if there exists any food that will draw the new L014 pleco out of hiding. It is a real beauty but only comes out at night. So just looking for a little bit to try, not big bags at this point.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Decided to bring this one back from the dead. I have been using Omega One for quite a few years now and am happy with it but I do find that sometimes the issues arise with pellet size. I still feed my 6"+ fish a lot of small size pellets because I feel the next step up is too much of a size increase. Today I decided to order and try some Hikari stuff out.

So I ordered some of this:

Ive tried the sinking carnivore out before. I had a Jack Dempsey that loved the stuff. This time around I hope my new pike will take to it. First time with the food sticks. I have been mixing in some Tetra "Crisps" into the mix and it seems to go over well. I want the fish to be more adaptable to foods and not get hung up on one type so thus the mixing begins....

Anyone else use these Hikari products with success? (Im also think of trying the Massivore one of these days)

fishman09

have tried the floating sticks and my fish loved them and they are definitely a food i would use if not so expensive. i just ordered a lb of kens cichlid pellets and an lb of kens krill pellets and combined was about 10$ which is awesome so well see how the fish like them.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My new pike ate half an algae wafer the other day so I know it will take pellets but it needs sinkers because it will not compete to surface feed. So the sinking Carnivore should work out great with an easy transition to Massivore when she gets bigger.

I think I might just try out some Kens one of these days too. The prices are pretty good.

Anthraxx

D i LOVE hikari. use it for everything, along with NLS, omega, and freshly hatched BBS. i just wish theyd make discus formula in a larger pellet as my fish LOVE this stuff.