lets see some full tank shots.

Betty

Staff member
fishloverRon said:
I just finished going thru all the photos of the Af. cich. tanks here and they are beautiful, you guys! I'm wondering if I wil get the same effect with a tan type substrate; not white or black. We'll just see. I will try to remember to post pix on this thread when the fish go in my 75g.

Thanks for all your pix!
Ron, with the exception of the black tanks, all of my sand is tan pool filter sand. The pictures just make it look whiter than it really is.

Here are a couple of pictures that show color more. The way it actually looks in the tank also depends on the lighting, but it never looks glowing white in real life. :sunny:

This tank has the tan sand and I had tried to see how the various types of rocks I had looked with it.
060fbabe.jpg

And a closeup that shows color and nice grain size.
230aa714.jpg

Do make sure you post your pictures. I like looking at other tanks and getting new ideas as well.

Larry, we'd still like to see your tanks. :D

JimA

Here is an updated with the Algae growing. My sand is pfs with a mix of some other stuff as well some fine, some coarse.

Picture002.jpg

If you look at the lower right in this picture you can kind of see the mix.

Jimapics028.jpg

Thanks so much for the new shots and views. I don't have that fine of sand but I believe mine will do okay. If not, I'll remove a bunch and replace with finer grit.

Anthraxx

well wasn't sure where to post this but im happy to say my 125 is all up and running now! (FINALLY) looks fantastic.. only issue is that there's too many hiding places for these little buggers to hide in. i barely see the monsters its all the fry and babies all over the place. on a happy side note. when tearing down my ten gallon holding tank i missed a rusty baby from Jim. thought it was dead and i went to touch it and it wiggled so back into the ten it went, where it immediately went upside down. i figured well bummer and left it alone.. and this morning hes back swimming around!! its a Christmas miracle!!!!

A

Anonymous

Pics!!!!

And change your sig from 125 in the works to..........

A

Anonymous

Wow what a great design... I really like the two peaks... where did you come up with such great rock placement???? J/k, it looks great, nothing better then a few intoxicated fish nerds to put together an aquascape. :)