ITS A SAD DAY

A

Anonymous

Re: ITS A SAD DAY

I also dealt with kevin since they open years ago when I sold them bearded dragons and now im into fish. He also helped me in african cichlids section. Very knowledgeable guy. Never met the other guy. Hope he is nice and patient like kevin.

nick_76

madness- im sure its not for you to say, but at the same time we need to acknowlege that theres likely more to it than a generally cheerful, super helpful person simply waking up one day and happily deciding to sell his half of a business to a partner who seems to work in absentia. the reaction displayed here shows kevins impact on the community. i hope his reasons for moving on arent negative, as in a relocation, wanting to spend more time doing other things, et cetera...good luck to whatever he does, and yea, id like to see a new store in federal way as well. he'll be hard to replace. anyone can scoop a fish out of a tank, not everyone can spend all the time in the world dispensing advice and helping find the right fish for someone..

Will I am

jettej said:
Will I am said:
Kevin, open a store in federal way!!!
Are you serious? Or is this kind of a joke?
Well if he was going to open a store up. It be nice in Fedway. I just read a post that said some like "I hope he opens his own store up". I was responding to that

Paintguy

I have got fish from him for over 20 years and my wife and I did the logo for the store. Sad to hear this news.

jettej

Will I am said:
jettej said:
Will I am said:
Kevin, open a store in federal way!!!
Are you serious? Or is this kind of a joke?
Well if he was going to open a store up. It be nice in Fedway. I just read a post that said some like "I hope he opens his own store up". I was responding to that
I misread a reply again. I apologize.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

I re-entered the hobby 5 years ago after a 15 year sabbatical; shortly afterwards I found A Place for Pets and met Kevin and Sean. Since then I have had the opportunity to get to know Kevin and have found him to be a caring and knowledgeable member of our hobby community. I've scanned photos of his trip to Lake Malawi for a Powerpoint presentation; unloaded Pet Expo equipment at their shop late at night; helped him install a 75 gallon tank in an elementary school in the Burien area; and he and I have had lunch on several occasions discussing business, the hobby, and GSAS. GSAS appreciates the support Kevin, Sean, and A Place for Pets, have given our club since they opened their store in 2005.

Although he is leaving A Place for Pets I sincerely hope that Kevin doesn't leave the hobby, his knowledge and humor would be truly missed.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

Kevin is now working at a fish wholesaler. Saw him today :)

Salzabar

Good luck Kevin. Because of you I have become a better hobbiest and for that I thank you.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

Anyone stopped by the shop recently? I saw that they're doing lots of changes to APFP. I haven't had a chance to stop by yet. I'm wondering if anything is changing fish wise. I only saw dog and cat related stuff on facebook.

anthony

On Saturday the whole C.A. row was %25 off the whole row and only about 1/2 full .The other row with the S.A. cichlids and odd balls was %15 the whole row. I asked what was going on and they said it was just a sale but all the fish were the same as a week ago but only a lot lot less. They also had the big plexiglass end cap that holds fish in all the little compartments for sale

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

I was just at APFP on Monday. Saw the acrylic multi tank set up for sale in the back. Did not seem overly empty of fish to me. Nothing I was looking for at the time. Which right now is a bichir and maybe some African oddball stuff like a butterfly fish, knife or Congo tetras (they did have these).

I will say the people working were the 'B' team for sure, no greet or check ups on how I was doing. They let me wander around the fish for quite a while and no acknowledgement or seeing if I needed help. I guess they are all depressed that Kevin is gone, or are newbie's, or have no clue about making people feel welcome, or know anything about customer service, or are just lame, or you get my drift. It had a cold depressing feeling about the place. Though I did get a bye as I was leaving, empty handed.

In their monthly coupons for July they also were running a 20% off fish coupon, so I wonder if they are working on inventory reduction for some future plans.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Did not see a price on it, just a for sale sign.

nick_76

DMD123 said:
I will say the people working were the 'B' team for sure, no greet or check ups on how I was doing. They let me wander around the fish for quite a while and no acknowledgement or seeing if I needed help. I guess they are all depressed that Kevin is gone, or are newbie's, or have no clue about making people feel welcome, or know anything about customer service, or are just lame, or you get my drift.
call me crazy, but I prefer this type of service...nothing raises my hackles quicker than being asked if im finding everything alright within seconds of stepping through the door. while some frefer effusive, intrusive "service" id rather not be interrupted constantly -it has driven me from stores. I know whos working there, ill grab an employee if and when I need help, till then leave me alone thank you very much!

still, I did notice a change in the atmosphere during a recent visit

tayntdawg

This sux looks like ill have to shop a the Madness store from now on!! Gonna miss kevin. Were is the place he is workin

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

Got a chance to stop in today. That acrylic display is already sold. I'll say that the fish section was in a very sad state. They're either downsizing the fish section or redoing it. Tanks were emptied and drained and stocking levels were very low.

Anthraxx

this is a really depressing thread.. my only store for africans is now gone.. from what ive gathered from earlier posts it seems like theyre getting out of the fish and moving more towards puppys and such (they make more money) at least we still have cory at the co-op.