ITS A SAD DAY

Madness

Staff member
ITS A SAD DAY

I just received the news. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:  Our favorite LFS is making some changes. A Place For Pets.

Most of you know Kevin at APFP, but I am sure not many of you know his partner Sean. Well, Kevin is walking away, Sean bought him out. What does this mean for the store? I have no idea. So, for those of you that know Kevin really well, shoot on over to APFP and wish him well. This Wednesday is his last day there. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: ITS A SAD DAY

Wow, that is a huge change! Kevin will be missed.

jettej

WoW. :pale:  . He answers all my questions. He make sure i get what i want. Nice person.

A

Anonymous

jettej said:
WoW. :pale:  . He answers all my questions. He make sure i get what i want. Nice person.
True that. When ever I talk to Sean he refers me to Kevin for answers. I hope whatever change he going through is a positive one.

nick_76

which one is kevin and which one is sean? theres one i prefer dealing with any time im there, and come away with plenty of good info

jettej

Kevin he always have a towel with him:

I cannot find a pic of Sean. So whoever the other guy you know who owns the shop it's him.

nick_76

damn, that sux...kevin was one of the main reasons i went to APFP...(advice and experience are harder to find than livestock)

luv_my_fishies

KEVIN was the ONLY reason I went to APFP. That's the only store I go to anymore.
Well, until now. I quit. I have Repashy for 1/2 off. All the fish flavors and some crested gecko
I might even sell off my fish....... seriousy. :( :shock: :?: :?: :?: :no: 

A

Anonymous

luv_my_fishies said:
KEVIN was the ONLY reason I went to APFP.  That's the only store I go to anymore.
Well, until now.  I quit.  I have Repashy for 1/2 off.  All the fish flavors and some crested gecko
I might even sell off my fish.......  seriousy.   :( :shock: :?: :?: :?: :no: 
Wow gezz, calm down. The world will not end...... unless..... YOU HAD A CRUSH! Lol
Have u been to Aquarium Co-op? Very personable atmosphere, lots of knowledge, and its a co-op :)buy , sale ,trade, & goodies in bulk.

Anthraxx

no really im in total agreement.. where on earth am i going to find someone who loved africans as much as kevin did.. he is seriously the ONLY reason i truly got into fish keeping. before visiting apfp i was a total novice. after a few sessions in apfp (one hour or longer visits) i finally got pushed in the right direction. this was also the only store i ever went to. shoreline is much to far from tacoma for a possibility at fish. (which is again hard because i want africans and its a dying breed) he will be sorely missed however i hope he has a bright future and considers opening his own store.

luv_my_fishies

I will keep my discus and rams and mbuna, but think I will sell off the rest. Kevin is an all-star at fresh water. I don't think Sean will make it without Kevin, sad to say. I think in 3 years, I've only seen Sean there twice, and looked like he was in a bad mood each time. Might be another "Sierra" scenerio.......IDK

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Maybe the store will now go 100% salt......

Betty

Staff member

:(  Kevin always recognizes me and has been really helpful over the years. I'm very sad to hear he is leaving. :( 

Madness

Staff member

Just recieved a text from Kevin. Today was his last day, Sean wanted to sign the papers tonight. :(

A

Anonymous

Pet Pourri, is where I forged my passion for fish keeping (RIP). Kevin, we spoke for at lest 20 min about 1 fish many years ago and she happened to be my 1st true love (Crenicichla lenticulata ). And at last after many months of searching he found a single female dwarf pike regani hiding in an odd tank just for me *sniffle....

jettej

Damn!!! I planned to go tomorrow. I wish i didnt procrastinated today and paid him a last visit. What a bummer :(

Madness

Staff member

nick_76 said:
call me crazy, but it seems theres more to the story that's being left unsaid
Why it happened is not for me to say, or for any of us to really concern ourselves with.  The only thing needed to be said is, Kevin is gone and hopefully Sean can keep the same type of business moving forward.