Hello from Everett,Wash.

A

Anonymous

Hello from Everett,Wash.

Been following this forum for a while now along with a few others. Thought I would sign up so I can actually respond to some threads, since I am local Washington Fish Box was the logical place to start.

I have a fish bowl with plants and a fish. This has been successful &  i am entertaining the thought of starting another bowl.

null_zps25ef216a.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Hello from Everett,Wash.

Looking good! Love the Pogostemon Helferi.

And Welcome :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

:welcome!:  That is a beautiful set up! Ever consider doing a tank instead of another bowl?

BillHN

Aquarium Co-Op said:

And Welcome

:)
Dude plants are looking beautiful what's the substrate and dosing?

A

Anonymous

BillHN said:
Aquarium Co-Op said:

And Welcome

:)
Dude plants are looking beautiful what's the substrate and dosing?
I am sorry, I am not quite sure what all this means. Pogostemon Helferi? [EDIT: I googled the word, its the plants. Yes sorry, I was not sure what the name of the plants are.]

A few months ago I picked up this bowl from a yard sale. A friend of mine has beautiful tanks with plants. He gave me instruction to put a natural potting soil in the bowl. He then gave me a couple plants in which to put in the potting soil. I also added shrimp at that time that was said to eat algae ,then waited for the water to clear up. After that added a Beta. The bowl sits on an end table, I have replaced the end tables light with a fluorescent I picked up at Home Depot & installed a timer that comes on @11am then turns off @10pm.

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
:welcome!:  That is a beautiful set up! Ever consider doing a tank instead of another bowl?
Everyday.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

You have got a wet green thumb and that simply is amazing. I think its time to step it up... how about a 2.5 gallon nano or a 15g column. There are a few members here who have some pretty cool little nano set ups. I know 15g really is not nano but my small water changes are more than that, so nano to me. :tongue: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

One flaw to my suggestion... your user name: fishNAbowl, unless you still keep said fish in bowl and not give him a bigger home.

A

Anonymous

fishNAbowl said:
A few months ago I picked up this bowl from a yard sale. A friend of mine has beautiful tanks with plants. He gave me instruction to put a natural potting soil in the bowl. He then gave me a couple plants in which to put in the potting soil. I also added shrimp at that time that was said to eat algae ,then waited for the water to clear up. After that added a Beta. The bowl sits on an end table, I have replaced the end tables light with a fluorescent I picked up at Home Depot & installed a timer that comes on @11am then turns off @10pm.
Very nice looking bowl. If I did that for the wife's office.  She might appreciate the hobby. How often do u do water changes?

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
You have got a wet green thumb and that simply is amazing. I think its time to step it up... how about a 2.5 gallon nano or a 15g column. There are a few members here who have some pretty cool little nano set ups. I know 15g really is not nano but my small water changes are more than that, so nano to me. :tongue: 
"Wet green thumb", ha! I appreciate that- its taken time, patients, a lot of reading, and a lot of consultation to get this running as smoothly as possible with minimal maintenance.  
I have seen many of the planted tanks that members have been putting together while surfing Washington FishBox the last week. Not quite sure when or how many gallons at this time but I know there will be a new addition soon.  

SiRWesDragon said:
Very nice looking bowl. If I did that for the wife's office.  She might appreciate the hobby. How often do u do water changes?
Thank you SirWesDragon,
Currently the system is pretty much self maintained. At the current evaporation rate I add about a cup of water every other to every 3 days.

iandraco

welcome. that's the best looking beta bowl i've ever seen. keep up the good work.

LuminousAphid

Welcome, and good to see someone else who like small stuff!

I have recently started a nano tank, and so far it has gone fairly smoothly, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours. Like the full carpet effect in the front.

A

Anonymous

LuminousAphid said:
Welcome, and good to see someone else who like small stuff!

I have recently started a nano tank, and so far it has gone fairly smoothly, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours. Like the full carpet effect in the front.
Took a while to become what it is today. This pict was captured at its best.

Thank you :)