Guess whats in the box?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Update: I was super happy with the quality of the 300 gallon so I decided to order the 65B for my little puffer. Well got the call from the shipping company and should have it here on Friday. This will be my final tank. :( The house is so little there really is no room for another tank. I will keep the 40B as a hospital and move my puffer into the 65g. Now my big decision is to either buy or build a stand to hold the two breeder tanks. Will get pics up when the new tank arrives.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Last tank!!! I've heard those words before (and might have said them myself from time to time). ;)

No really it is the last tank...
My wife and I downsized a bit. From a 2088 sq. ft two story home to a 1035 sq. ft rambler. Love the ease of keeping up the smaller home but had to sacrifice the number of tanks from three running to only two. Not size of tanks since part of the move involved upgrading the 210g to the 300g. :)

So it really is the 'Last' one for me.

Loren

Well at least you went out in style. Those tanks are really, really nice. On the other hand you know that saying "a face only a mother could love"? That is kind of what I think of Hairy Puffers. :p

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well at least you went out in style. Those tanks are really, really nice.
LOL! Thats an up spin on it, yep going put in style. Super happy with the customaquariums fish tanks for sure. A bit pricey but they are custom made for you so cant really complain.

On the other hand you know that saying "a face only a mother could love"? That is kind of what I think of Hairy Puffers. :p
Yeah they are so ugly they are cute. Kind of like the Chinese crested dog...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
It came in and I was tired so I only popped the top open and inspected for damage. It looks good and just like the other tank very well crated for protection. This one I did with no painted back so I need to decide what I will do there. Leaning toward a picture background of some sort.

Happy with the fact it is completely one opening. The trend is for some to do a middle brace on breeder tanks. This limits filtration and you cant even fit an aquaclear 110 on it. This will have no issue with it. Since it will only house my puffer and the bioload is so low I am happy with the choice of the ac110 for filtration. For heat I am going to try the fancy Fluval E heater I had tried on the 300 but hated on the big tank.

Im also considering live plants in this tank, a new challenge. Not sure if I am going to use my current USA satellite lighting. This is the basic wired remote model not the fancy 'plus' ones like I use on the 300.

Only pics I have so far

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Man Im just milking it at this point, lol. Slow and steady...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Taking a long nap? lol, probably wont sleep a wink! :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well I should be focused on the new tank but did something else instead.... finished making my short canopy for the 300g. Looks more 'finished' now.

I need to find something to put on the wall above the tank, a picture or something.

Betty

Staff member
You make your tanks look so nice -- blending in and like a nice piece of furniture, so your wife shouldn't mind too much if you had one more tank. Just keep that 40 and put something she would like in there. Maybe some colorful community fish or a species of African shelldweller for their interesting behavior. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My wife loves the colors on many of the african cichlids along with fancy goldfish so Im not sure what she would approve of.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Update on the 300g, I found something to put above the tank to fill the space. My sister in law picked these up from her recent Alaska cruise. They are a cool metal fish and jellyfish cut outs.

Also had made a sad change... Rainbow Brite the Regani cichlid had to be rehomed due to aggression. I was sad to let him go but the tank is calmer and peaceful now.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Porkchop never let him be after taking out those bichirs and hoplo , bummer

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Porkchop never let him be after taking out those bichirs and hoplo , bummer
The Regani started the spring hormone driven aggression again. I just had nowhere to put the fish for a month or so until it settled down. I just decided enough was enough, and Rainbow Brite had to go. I ended up talking with Dom at Aquarium Paradise who said he would take him. I miss the color in the tank but it really is much more calm. Even though porkchop had size and weight on her side, when a male decides he is going to take over, she backed down. He was not good being 'in charge'.

Loren

I'm so sorry for your loss. The blessings and curses of tropical fish are their personalities. I was watching my community tank the other night and there was one zebra that decided a 6" section of the tank was his. He relentlessly chased anyone that entered his space. I was about ready to net and flush however decided to just go to bed. The next day everything in the tank was calm. Go figure. I wish that you could have had the same result but big fish even in a big tank don't seem to want to just move on and let bygones be bygones.